•  
Advertise here

Any advice for selling my car?

stelita

Hi guys,

I'm considering selling my FJ Cruiser since I don't give it enough offroad use and therefore could have something smaller and more affordable. I would appreciate if you can provide some advice to sell the car as:

- When is a good time to sell

- What would be a good price to advertise it for? Taking into consideration it has 33.000 km only and full-service history. Bought 25th December 2014. Sleeps in the garage.

I would like to sell before it hits 40000 km, so I'm not in a rush at all, which is cool because I don't have pressure to sell cheap. 

Thank you very much!

Stela

IMG_9384.JPG

Hi Stela your car looks neat the best way of selling the car is deciding on what car you intend buying in the next 7000kms as you plan selling it before it touches 40k. Do some simple calculations by visiting showrooms and checking what trade in value you are getting for it and then accordingly post an add on dubizzle and other sites.  Sure you will get a good price cause fj has been stopped by Toyota and lots of buyer's in the market for it.

Watching the market since last year and with the current economic downturn, its a pretty bad time to sell. Its basically a buyers market. Usually during the cooler months the prices of 4x4s appreciate slightly. So uts bettee to hold off until then. 

But I still doubt youll get anything to close to what you are looking for so be ready to make a bargain deal. 

Thank you guys. I'm not thinking of getting another car for now since I don't need it. And no, I'm not ready for a bargain, I'll rather keep it. I don't need to sell, it's just a big expense for my current situation as I am starting my own business. I'm in love with the car, it works great and never gave me a problem!

I'll check the prices in the market, put the add and wait until someone gives me what I want.

I didn't know they stopped the FJs. It doesn't make sense, it's a fantastic car.

Hi Stela if you have the option of holding on to your car trust me keep it. Cause if you love your car it will never let you down nor will you get stranded any where. This is my personal experience with my ride. Good luck with your car. Cheers 

• Thanks (+1) 1

21 hours ago, stelita said:

Thank you guys. I'm not thinking of getting another car for now since I don't need it. And no, I'm not ready for a bargain, I'll rather keep it. I don't need to sell, it's just a big expense for my current situation as I am starting my own business. I'm in love with the car, it works great and never gave me a problem!

I'll check the prices in the market, put the add and wait until someone gives me what I want.

I didn't know they stopped the FJs. It doesn't make sense, it's a fantastic car.

Well not everybody shared that sentiment, I know 3 people who sold their within 6 months of buying it from the dealers, they hated it, and myself I'm not a fan either.

• Haha (+1) 1

Def this is not the best season to sell any car, as people leaving or already left for holidays selling their car in rush and breaking the market too bad. Summers is the season to buy. So hold until oct - nov and you will get good price but make sure to knock off before dec, as then next year depreciation will make price down again in all cars....my two cents.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use