•  
Advertise here

YEAHEY - 50% car window tinting allowed

Derick

As per new rule now car tinting can be upto 50% darker as oppose to 30% allowed earlier. This came as a big surprise for me today morning, as I was thinking of changing my car tint which was almost faded since last 3 years. Thanks boss. 

http://gulfnews.com/news/uae/transport/car-window-tinting-rule-changed-in-uae-1.2055591

The problem with dark tint is that it's awesome in the daytime but at night you can't see properly. We do the stuff in the video below at work, variable between 30-100%. Loads of colors available too. Black, white, silver, grey, red, green, blue.

30 minutes ago, Barry said:

The problem with dark tint is that it's awesome in the daytime but at night you can't see properly. We do the stuff in the video below at work, variable between 30-100%. Loads of colors available too. Black, white, silver, grey, red, green, blue.

but the thing is only 1 in 10 can afford it

Interesting way to plug your company but yeah dont see it catching on until prices drop and it becomes widely available.Even then its still bit of a gimmick TBH

And in reality almost no one was following the 30% rule anyways. I had my land cruiser tinted 70% way back in 2003 and drove it for many years without any issues. 

Edited by desertdude

Leave @Barry be- let him plug his company all he wants. At least he's not talking about electrically adjustable camshafts, which would really p*** some people off...

1 minute ago, treks said:

Leave @Barry be- let him plug his company all he wants. At least he's not talking about electrically adjustable camshafts, which would really p*** some people off...

Or using diesel oil in old push rod motors, that seem to piss off a lot of people too! :D

• Like (+1) 1

That's a nice news indeed and I agree with desertdude, as no one really cared about 30-50 difference earlier. I many times got 50% tint preinstalled by previous owner in few cars and actually nothing happened.

@Barry this could be little bad news for your new job......! Hope you still get through fine.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I didn't mean it to be a deliberate plug. I'm just really impressed with the system every time I see it and I love sharing it. I'm developing a new electronics system to run it, the first of its kind in the world and I'll have working prototypes ready soon. Don't worry about business either, we have some very big contracts coming up. Vehicles are only a small part of the application, properties are massive. 

10 hours ago, desertdude said:

Or using diesel oil in old push rod motors, that seem to piss off a lot of people too! :D

Yeah, it does, doesn't it? :-D

barry how much those adjustable tints cost? they look very nice.

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating