•  
Advertise here

YEAHEY - 50% car window tinting allowed

Derick

It depends on the car, number of windows, size of windows etc but generally, you're talking between 6-8,000 dhs. There's big discounts available on it though. We have a few very famous customers coming up in the next few weeks so watch this space. If you're free sometime, drop by to the shop in al quoz and look at our demo car. It really is cool when you see it working in person. 

Dayum Son!!!! 6 to 8K !!!. I've owned cars which cost less than that !
Thanks but no thanks, We'll just wait for the Chinese to catch up, if they havent already and come up with a 50dh version :D

• Like (+1) 1

This already is the Chinese technology. Hence why I've designed a new electrical system for it lol. I know it's expensive and not for the everyday man but it has the WOW factor and is a good talking point. 10 years ago it was much more expensive. Honestly, I don't think the price will never come down to the point where you see it in corollas and tiidas but there will always be a market for it, especially in Dubai where you see more luxury super and hypercars than anywhere else. It's very labour intensive to fit too, all the glass has to be removed, I have to make the wiring looms from scratch for every car etc. then it all has to be put back together again so you can't see any wiring or any evidence that everything has been apart. 

6 hours ago, Barry said:

This already is the Chinese technology. Hence why I've designed a new electrical system for it lol. I know it's expensive and not for the everyday man but it has the WOW factor and is a good talking point. 10 years ago it was much more expensive. Honestly, I don't think the price will never come down to the point where you see it in corollas and tiidas but there will always be a market for it, especially in Dubai where you see more luxury super and hypercars than anywhere else. It's very labour intensive to fit too, all the glass has to be removed, I have to make the wiring looms from scratch for every car etc. then it all has to be put back together again so you can't see any wiring or any evidence that everything has been apart. 

Well its not rocket science, simple liquid crystals being controlled by a current. Everything get cheaper, Smart Phones, Flat Screen TVs etc etc, once cost a small fortune and now almost disposable, this will also come down if it ever gets popular enough and from what I've seen and know, this actually doesn't tint the glass like your regular window tints, but turns it opaque like sandblasted glass with adjustable degrees and even on a "low" setting if thats the correct term, its not tinted but foggy like on your bathroom mirror after a hot shower.

Don't see if getting popular with cars even if cheap, no one likes to drive around with blurry and foggy windows, and most probably RTA will sooner or later will also have something to say about it, because it is potentially dangerous because it impedes vision

For luxury home owners this could be the thing, but if a car costs 8k. I fret to think about the cost of apts with wall to wall, floor to ceiling glass. 

With tints there is also a parameter called heat rejection which need not necessarily be dependent on the % of the tint. So if the ghost tint is not an actual tint then how does it handle heat rejection?

Edited by skumar83

@desertdude it depends on the color of the film. The lighter colors like white, silver do have a foggy appearance. The black film is very clear, it looks like normal tint. I haven't tried any of the colored films yet like red, green etc. but I don't expect a big rush for them. The new electronic system I've designed for it uses a modified waveform and different voltage and I'm expecting good results once it's built and tested. With regards to RTA, we have put a car up for testing and there was no issues. The testers were queuing up to see it. There is however a legal issue if someone decides to drive around with it switched to 90% but for that, I am not responsible. The legal issues are explained to customers and a waiver is signed. Common sense has a big part to play.

@skumar83 It rejects a certified 99% of UV light which causes skin cancer and damages the interior due to sun bleaching and 97% of infrared light which causes the heat.

you must probably put up more videos @Barry .... as per the videos i ve already seen.. to me, it looks like color only matters from the outside... if black, then it looks black from the outside and opaque/very foggy from the inside of course under the highest settings but even at half.... it looks unpleasant