•  
Advertise here

MIP on & 4th gear not shifting

I have recently brought an Optra hatchback 2007 model & I noticed gear not shifting from 3rd to fourth. Also engine warning lamp countinusly on .I tried to reset the battery & still same. The car is clocked 180k . Any one can suggest the remedy .

First get it computer diagnosed then post the codes here then only we can help you with further diagnosis I hope this helps...the engine light is there for a reason it has some codes stored thats why its light up

• Like (+1) 2

As a first level of response, check all caps are properly close when car is cold. Like engine oil cap, radiator and coolant bottle, fuel tank cap, and any other critical component caps.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

This is likely to involve a shift solenoid, and /or a transmission wiring issue. Best thing to do is to have the codes extracted, since many transmission codes can trigger a Check Engine light.

Hi anshaj tell the garage guy to delete the codes and check if it is present code it will come back or else drive the vehicle and keep under observation. Check the ignition coils and plug wires too. All theses codes will set due to engine long cranking and may be problem with crankposition sensor.

• Like (+1) 1

With a P0742 DTC it makes sense the engine ECU is talking to the tranny ECU if it has one ans not letting it upshift to protect the drive train from.damage as the speed difference between the vehicle and transmission is greater than the set tolerance limit.And vehicle speed is detected by you guessed it vehicle speed sensor usually near the tranny output shaft. So a faulty speed sensor could trigger this.

The delayed start is due to the cam sensor as it telles the ECU where the engine is in its cycle TDC BTDC etc efc so it can control the injectors and spark plugs. With a intermittent working sensor this would cause starting problems. 

Its good advice to have the codes cleared to see if it helps. If the engibe light comes back on and so do the symptoms 1st check the for loose connections on both the sensors. A bump or repeated vibration could have set them loose. Open clean the connectors and try clearing the codes again ( this is where your own diagnostic equipment or at the very least an OBD reader come in handy) if not. Replace both the vehicle speed and cam position sensor and most probably this should take care of your problem.

Cheers

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for the comments

I have cleared this faults & drive the car for two km , Engine warning came back. Even though the codes was clear,gear not shifting to fourth. Speedometer also not working.Now I am trying to replace these sensors and let's see.I checked these connectors no issues found.

This seems like good progress to reach somewhere with minimum spend, keep us posted on how it goes. Good luck.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Today I drive the cat & feel delay in all gears . Even in the first gear RPM goes up to 5000. It's seem like transmission faulty. However I am trying to get these sensors dirst.