•  
Advertise here

windshield repair

hAwX

hi guys..

wondering from where we can get a windshield repair kit to fix very small cracks and chips... 
have anybody tried this method? looked at souq and its 155 for the 3m brand. 

The one thats used in the video is only 10.48 usd so...
https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-09103-Windshield-Repair-Kit/dp/B000ALJ4MY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499811075&sr=8-1&keywords=permatex+windshield+repair+kit&tag=ehicleirgins-20

1 minute ago, desertdude said:

For 300 you can get a entire new windshield fitted in sharjah, why bother with a 200dh repair

never knew... its for an e55. but these kits must be like AED 30-40

Thanks for sharing such video, as I have never seen something like this before. Pretty neat job for minor chips.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

yeah right... we want places like autozone here in UAE... it would be cool just to spend some time even if we dont want to buy anything... 
also there are lots of such videos in his channel. Chrisfix

Windscreen resin will (should) stop any cracks from spreading. It's not a 100% repair, you will still see it slightly. If it was my car, I'd just buy a new windscreen or a good second hand one if it's available. I can change most screens in 30 minutes to an hour depending on the amount of wiring, sensors etc then it's a 3 hour wait for the bonding to cure and it's good to go. It's so easy. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 year later...

So i bought a set from souq to repair a year old windshield crack. Professionals say if its bigger than a 1dh coin, its not worth repairing. I still gave it a go because its already a year old (according the previous owner) and never became any bigger.

It cost me 22dhs total from souq.

And here is the result. I guess its better to drive with a smaller crack and personally i think its worth it. With the same kit, i repaired 2 other windshields of an avalon and a patrol. 

Worked very very well on the avalon (looked like nothing happend) as the damage was significantly smaller. For the patrol the result was better than my altima's

Its been about 2 months since i done it and the 'crack' is still the same and not getting any bigger

20181213_143535.jpg

Important Information

Terms of use