•  
Advertise here

Newbie easy night drive - Pink rock - 20 July 2017

It was one of the most easiest drive we had in a long time and accompanied with almost 2 newbie + 1 new car in the convoy made absolute sense of this drive. We started bit late as in meeting point, Diamond farewell was due as he was not joining us for the drive and just came to see everyone at the meeting point due to his busy schedule. We all wished him good luck for his next journey in Thailand and moved to the deflation point and started our drive by 12:30 AM.

Vivian with his spanking new Trail blazer was the first highlight of the drive. Vivian brother has also joined us, who is an avid offroader and supported Vivian as a passenger and he turn out to be a good company at bbq session with jokes and laughter. Second highlight was the unannounced appearance of Sri's new ride - Jeep Cherokee (dedicated only for desert). Raju Bhat and his guest from PUNE was equally excited for this desert night drive. Basel last minute sign-in made me confirmed of secured sweep and gopro master, as in Sweihan he used the gopro for first time, but the footage was absolutely amazing as he must have done this at professional level. Last but not least Saleem and his secret recipe chicken was the main highlight of the whole drive.

We had some minimal refusal and stucks as usual until few of the boys learned to practise the throttle. After couple of hours of drive through flat track, medium dunes and some bussy patches we finally reached the base of pink rock and the only thing left was to cross the peak. With proper coordination, patience and teamwork all the 6 cars made it to the peak and we managed to cross the Pink rock to the other side, where nice area with awesome breeze was waiting for us. For the first time Basel took over the Saleem in bbqing the chicken, and it was totally amazing and we all have passed him with certification: "Fit to be married". Saleem's chicken awesome recipe was the talk of the evening and everyone want to know how to make that delicious mouth watering chicken marination recipe. He promised to post it here on forum for everyone to share.

Another genius idea came from Saleem was to do the cooking with Pink rock boulders as BBQ base was left in rahim bhai car. So we literally went to the stone age. Then Basel creativity brought us to wood age and then steel age in one sitting of BBQ - pictures will explain this bit better.

Finally we had good 2-3 hours break in awesome breeze on top of Pink Rock backside and then all packed up their cars by 6:00 AM. We finally started to descend and exited on the road by 6:30 AM. Overall it was also much needed to have one relaxed drive after the adventurous one, so we all can sit back and enjoy the nature more and spend some quality time over the bbq session.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 hours ago, vivian said:

BTW did any1 manage to take a pic of my car when i got stuck at an angular postion . i wanted to see how much tilted my car was when i got stuck  ?

:-)

IMG_1816.JPG

Edited by RajuBhat

Thanks Sri and Vivian for sharing great clicks in the gallery. I have added mine too: 
https://carnity.com/gallery/category/28-newbie-easy-night-drive-pink-rock-20-july-2017/

Awaiting to see Basel, Raju and Saleem pics in the gallery......!

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.