•  
Advertise here

Salalah Road Trip - 30 Aug - 3 Sep 2017

Planning a road trip to beautiful Salalah in Aug end to escape the UAE summer during upcoming Eid Al Adha break. Going to Salalah soon after the rainy season (July-Aug), is best treat you can give to your eyes and mind. Everything turns lush green during that time and looks like you are in some heavenly place. Apart from the endless natural beauty, Salalah also offer some interesting places to visit like anti-gravity point, boat rides, kayaking, visiting blowholes, waterfalls, exotic birds watching etc.

Just to beat the rush at border, hotels and salalah we will start one day earlier, which will give us enough rest and time to explore Salalah for 3 full days + 2 for road trip. Planning early will help in securing all rooms in one hotel for Carnity members and we might get a good deal in bulk booking, so please decide ASAP.

Tentative Travel plan:

• Start: 30 Aug 2017 – 4 AM
  • Drive 1200 kms with 30 mins break every 200 kms
  • Reach Salalah: 30 Aug 2017 – 7 PM
  • Hotel check-in and relax
  • Salalah Places to visit: 31 Aug – 2 Sep 2017
  • Return: 3 Sep 2017 – 4 AM
  • Reach Dubai: 3 Sep 2017 – 7 PM

Level of drive: All are welcome
Type of Car: Any car is acceptable
Plan: Road trip + daily trip in Salalah after the lazy breakfast
What to bring along: Camera, music, lots of casual clothes, beach wear, smiles, stories, enthusiasm

Please list your name and mobile below and RSVP the calendar.

Dubai - Salalah Map.JPG

Salalah Aug-Sep Weather.JPG

Annual weather in salalah.JPG

Few pics from my last trip:

29 Salalah.JPG

27 Salalah.JPG

26 Salalah.JPG

19 Salalah.JPG

31 Salalah.JPG

36 Salalah.JPG

38 Salalah.JPG

39 Wadi Derbat.JPG

44 Taqa shoreline.JPG

46 Salalah.JPG

55 Mughasil Beach.JPG

58 Salalah.JPG

61 Waterjet at Mugasil.JPG

64 landrover rules.JPG

67 Salalah.JPG

84 Salalah.JPG

87 Salalah.JPG

89 Salalah.JPG

97 Salalah.JPG

104 Salalah.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Tentative hotel pricing from cleartrip as of 16 July:

• 2 Star: 300 - 400 AED per night
  • 3 Star: 400 - 550 AED per night
  • 4 Star: 550 - 950 AED per night

P.S. This will increase every week, so sooner we book better it is.

You can get a private villa for 2-3 bedroom in 400-500 dhs and share tge cost among 2/3 families. I think my brother used airbnb to book, worth checking with thhem anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sidshk said:

Hi 

Would like to join with Wife and Kids is that ok ? also depends on holiday provided by organization 

I think 90% I will also come with my wife and 3 years old son, so it will be a good company. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I was really looking forward to this trip, but with the in-laws in town and having a 3 month visa, I cannot leave them and go, and I cannot bring them along. Let me check with my family and I will revert back within a week.

I also have some good rates for hotels, let me check and I will advise if I can get better rates for hotels in Salalah. I like @aatish suggestion though.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I wanna join you guys .. it's my first time to drive there ...I have bookings in mirbat resort..wanna know what do I need to make the trip? Visa ?? I live in Abu Dhabi

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mohd86 said:

Hey I wanna join you guys .. it's my first time to drive there ...I have bookings in mirbat resort..wanna know what do I need to make the trip? Visa ?? I live in Abu Dhabi

Hi Mohd, welcome to carnity and you are more than welcome to join this drive. Do you know that Mirbat resort is about 80 kms away from salalah and will take good 60-90 min each side....? I was also tempted on same due to very good pricing and offer, but reluctant due to it's location.

From my first experience, Salalah day trips are quite tiring due to drive and walk up and down the hill and then end the day with such long drive will take the toll on fun and enjoyment.

• Thanks (+1) 1