•  
Advertise here

Salalah Road Trip - 30 Aug - 3 Sep 2017

Weathers getting a bit warmer here .. but I'll list the places on day basis..and the ones that you can do together

Ain Garziz, Ittin plains/oasis, Nabi Ayoub Tomb

Al Mughasail beach, maneer caves and blowhole. Al Fazeyan Beach ( requires 4x4 )

Wadi Darbat, Ayn Athum, Anti gravity point.

Taqa castle, Taqa cliff and beach and there's a wadi there too.

wadi saihalnoot Ain Razat Salalah Gardens Mall

Dahraiz beach and its coconut stalls and Al Husn Souq , Sultan Qaboos mosque.(for shopping)

caution google maps turn by turn  navigation doesn't work in Oman so having another device or map would help!!

• Thanks (+1) 2

Thanks Mohd, for prompt help. Have you tried Motion X on iPhone works in Salalah....?

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

13 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks Mohd, for prompt help. Have you tried Motion X on iPhone works in Salalah....?

Nope haven't tried that I have navigation in my car which helped a bit still doesn't have all the places listed so it's best to mark coordinates on a gps device and then drive

• Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mohd86 said:

Nope haven't tried that I have navigation in my car which helped a bit still doesn't have all the places listed so it's best to mark coordinates on a gps device and then drive

Yup same I have done on my stand alone Garmin long back, but now I like MotionX offline maps for such areas. Tried them in several countries and it works perfect (but not tested yet in Oman).

Have you stayed in Mirbat? And how was the daily drive up and down?

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

was in salalah for two days to finish of sightseeing inside the city then moved to mirbat the drive is honestly not that long 30 mins tops but there is no street lamps and diversions make it hard to drive in the night so best is to do the drive before sunset.. the resort itself is wonderful beautiful location...friendly staff they got a hot tub next to the swimming pool😉 All fun we even saw few dolphins on the beach😅

• Thanks (+1) 2

As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu brother Muhammed.

1st of all thanks a Million Gaurav for all the help / tips U gave us on the phone & here 😇🙏🏻.

Also as suggested by U we have installed the Motion X on our iPhones 📱.

We would really appreciate all the updates / tips,  that U & Muhammed can give us.

Muhammed which route did U take exactly to reach Salalah?

Plz muhammed if U have any mobile # that U can share here & also this is my# 050 1597795.

We would really appreciate Ur help / guidance / assistance on this trip as we have two young kids with us.

Jazak Allahu Khairun,

Sara Abbas

Take the mezyad border early in the morning by 5 from Al Ain and then just keep going straight I took the more scenic route through nizwa and stopped there and bought an Omani sim for 2 riyal to avoid roaming charges ...you get 1.5 Gb of free internet data that you can use for navigation  and valuable credit to make local calls

my numbers 0501639797 currently only on whatsapp cuz I am still here in salalah tomorrow is my last day here. Take the stops and don't try to rush the drive make sure you fill your petrol to max after Ibri if you reach half tank since petrol stations are pretty far out after that...

kids tend to get bored on long drives...entertainment is a key if you don't have an in car entertainment system bring those tablets...and try to tuck them in for most of the journey...

most of all try to avoid crazy overtakers and over take only when the other track is completely empty.

Good Luck 👍🏻

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, shahfaizanali said:

Hi, I am planning to go tomorrow. Can anyone tell me which route to follow. Because I heard the border from Al Ain side is only for GCC nationals. 

Mezyad Boarder Al Ain to Salalah is the shortest road and all nationalities are allowed to cross from here..

And you heard correct there is one more boarded... HILI Boarder which has two gates, one for GCC nationalities and other gate which is 2 to 3km away which is for all nationalities and this route we should take if we are going to Muscat through Sohar..

Wish you happy journey and drive safe..

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, shahfaizanali said:

Hi, I am planning to go tomorrow. Can anyone tell me which route to follow. Because I heard the border from Al Ain side is only for GCC nationals. 

Detailed post just before your post shah regarding borders and tips to salalah