•  
Advertise here

Salalah Road Trip - 30 Aug - 3 Sep 2017

7 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Hi Mohd, welcome to carnity and you are more than welcome to join this drive. Do you know that Mirbat resort is about 80 kms away from salalah and will take good 60-90 min each side....? I was also tempted on same due to very good pricing and offer, but reluctant due to it's location.

From my first experience, Salalah day trips are quite tiring due to drive and walk up and down the hill and then end the day with such long drive will take the toll on fun and enjoyment.

Hey gaurav I got a full car 5 adults and 2 kids what do you think would be a good hotel I can cancel mirbat.. is it possible if you can share your number I'll call you I got tons of questions in regards to visa's and the drive there.

Sure Mohd, call me tomorrow any time - 050 5258706.

Last time I got the visa on arrival and it was bit time consuming, I am thinking of doing it in advance this time so let's find out what are the procedure and documentation required.

Everyone else, please decide and finalize your 100% decision by 12th Aug latest, so that we can all book rooms in same hotel. Check available hotels in expedia, booking and trivago and list your preferences based on star vs pricing.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

12 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Last time I got the visa on arrival and it was bit time consuming, I am thinking of doing it in advance this time so let's find out what are the procedure and documentation required.

Everyone else, please decide and finalize your 100% decision by 12th Aug latest, so that we can all book rooms in same hotel. Check available hotels in expedia, booking and trivago and list your preferences based on star vs pricing.

Now Oman Visa can be applied online form below link , you have to register and then you can apply on line 

https://www.rop.gov.om/visa/english/onlineservices_visaapplication_main.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

I suggest all members planning for this trip can apply online and avoid ques at border   

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Hey gaurav,

what do you think about leaving for the trip by the 27th of August, that way we will avoid the rush of EID and the weather is much nicer during that time as per accu weather. not to mention the hotel rates are bit cheaper too.

Although changing date now, might be little difficult for others. From my side I think it's worth considering as oppose to benefits we are getting.

So guys please add your date preference too when you finalize your decision by 12 Aug.

1. 27 Aug - 1 Sep (2 day drive + 4 D/N in Salalah)
  2. 30 Aug - 3 Sep (2 day drive + 3 D/N in Salalah)

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Going early will definitely make sense if all of you can manage leaves, as it will be worth enjoying the khareef monsoon season and beat the traffic. Also 4 days stay is better than 3 to relax and enjoy than rushing things up and down on your checklist.

Regarding the visa, most UAE residents get it on arrival. You can simply just call up the Oman Consulate and recheck the designation on the passport. Further, in previous years the Oman Consulate would stop issuing visa at the consulate one week prior to the holidays due to huge rush. If you are travelling 2 days before the holidays you will definitely miss the border rush. Else if you are close to the holidays you might want to cross the border at night or early in the morning before 6 am.

Edited by skumar83
  • Like (+1) 2