•  
Advertise here

Ford Mustang 15S21 recall driver side airbag inflator

I got a call from Al tayer motors 3 days back explaining and calling for the recall 15S21 on my model of Mustang for airbag inflator.

Went today and dropped the car in morning and got it back by afternoon (5-6 hours job). Amazing service from Ford and Al Tayer and I just want to appreciate that. However their call center took more than 20 minutes wait to connect to the service adviser was horrible.

Just google that recall right now, and it says Takata airbag inflator might rupture when involve in an accident, means until now I was driving without the airbag and that too for last 2 years as this was July 2015 recall.

Ford Mustang 15S21 Recall.PDF

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

More creepy info from Dr. Google--

The dual-stage driver front air bag may be susceptible to moisture intrusion which, over time, could cause the inflator to rupture. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.

Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front driver side air bag inflator, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin July 13, 2015.

Never knew that Dubai, UAE is 2 light years away from US........!

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Literally everything with an airbag that has been built in the last 10 years is being recalled.

https://www.cars.com/articles/is-your-car-part-of-the-takata-airbag-recall-1420680509675/

Takata must be making serious profit when they can shoulder the cost of this.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Barry said:

Literally everything with an airbag that has been built in the last 10 years is being recalled.

https://www.cars.com/articles/is-your-car-part-of-the-takata-airbag-recall-1420680509675/

Takata must be making serious profit when they can shoulder the cost of this.

Ain't that the truth...

What took them 2 god damn year to apply recall in uae for such critical component that might have exploded in accident. DAAAAAM Shameful of FORD and FORD UAE

This was a very serious recall thats why the called you, otherwise they dont bother and secretly do the repairs when you give the car in for service. One of my previous range rovers I bought had complete service history right down to ashtray bulb light replacement from the dealer. Then I looked up all the recalls for that model off the net and went and had a look at my car everything was dome right down to adding an extra nut to the motorized driver seat rail which might cause a slight rocking when braking or accelerating hard, but no mention of any recall work done in the service history. 

Now I dunno wheter thats a good thing or bad. Being so secretive about it or just going on and doing the repairs and mods aa needed. But what if a person never visited the dealer or stopped visiting the dealer, then what?