•  
Advertise here

Around the UAE in one day - 15K members drive

It was the most amazing and magical drive that I have been waiting for since long time. I spent about 17 years in Dubai and been to almost every nook and corner in the UAE, but never realized that we can cover all the emirates in one day until Waqas imagination gave us this idea.

The idea of covering whole country in one day round road trip was just too exciting. And this excitement continue to grow when one after the other carnity member signed up against all the odds of 45-50 degrees heat and driving through the dry and arid land could be strenuous. The occasion of reaching 15,000 members was just too big that no one care about August heat and jumped into this exciting drive to mark their presence.

Sincere thanks to Asif Hussain, Abdul Basit Khan, Baiju Jayapalan, Kavin Shah, Manu M S, Ayesha, Rahimdad, Saleem and Vivian.

We started from last Emarat Petrol Station on Jebel Ali side toward Abu Dhbai by 10 AM and finished at Dubai Canal by 12 AM by driving almost 700 kms. It took us 14 hours instead of 10-11 hours as planned, but we learned a lot from this first experience and still manage to cover all the emirates in one day.

1. Starting point: Emarat Petrol Station, SZR, Dubai
  2. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi
  3. Al Jimi Mall, Al Ain
  4. Fujairah City Center
  5. Iceland Waterpark, Ras Al Khaimah
  6. Dreamland Aquapark, Umm Al Quwain
  7. Ajman City Center, Ajman
  8. Sharjah Paintball Park, Sharjah
  9. Dubai Canal Parking, Dubai

Lesson Learned:

• Factor extra time for wrong turns, closed road, detour through unpaved slower roads etc.
  • Optimize the picture taking time, and no need to over-perfect every moment.
  • Restrict lunch break and add few quick tea stops enroute.
  • Start early to experience Al Ain - Fujairah - RAK route in daylight.
  • Reverse route can be tried to put interesting roads and scenic beauty in daylight.
  • We can exclude Al Ain as it's part of Abu Dhabi emirates.

Collage.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

11 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

It was the most amazing and magical drive that I have been waiting for since long time. I spent about 17 years in Dubai and been to almost every nook and corner in the UAE, but never realized that we can cover all the emirates in one day until Waqas imagination gave us this idea.

The idea of covering whole country in one day round road trip was just too exciting. And this excitement continue to grow when one after the other carnity member signed up against all the odds of 45-50 degrees heat and driving through the dry and arid land could be strenuous. The occasion of reaching 15,000 members was just too big that no one care about August heat and jumped into this exciting drive to mark their presence.

Sincere thanks to Asif Hussain, Abdul Basit Khan, Baiju Jayapalan, Kavin Shah, Manu M S, Ayesha, Rahimdad, Saleem and Vivian.

We started from last Emarat Petrol Station on Jebel Ali side toward Abu Dhbai by 10 AM and finished at Dubai Canal by 12 AM by driving almost 700 kms. It took us 14 hours instead of 10-11 hours as planned, but we learned a lot from this first experience and still manage to cover all the emirates in one day.

1. Starting point: Emarat Petrol Station, SZR, Dubai
  2. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi
  3. Al Jimi Mall, Al Ain
  4. Fujairah City Center
  5. Iceland Waterpark, Ras Al Khaimah
  6. Dreamland Aquapark, Umm Al Quwain
  7. Ajman City Center, Ajman
  8. Sharjah Paintball Park, Sharjah
  9. Dubai Canal Parking, Dubai

Lesson Learned:

• Factor extra time for wrong turns, closed road, detour through unpaved slower roads etc.
  • Optimize the picture taking time, and no need to over-perfect every moment.
  • Restrict lunch break and add few quick tea stops enroute.
  • Start early to experience Al Ain - Fujairah - RAK route in daylight.
  • Reverse route can be tried to put interesting roads and scenic beauty in daylight.
  • We can exclude Al Ain as it's part of Abu Dhabi emirates.

Collage.jpg

@Gaurav Nice photo Montage 

@Gaurav bhai. Well done sir, from the planning, to the execution, to the way you have described the trip. A picture can tell a thousand words and you have managed to surprise us all with this awesome tribute to a well deserved event. May God Almighty keep you blessed and may we always have your guidance to lead us through these events with so much patience. Hats off to you sir.

4 hours ago, Abdul Basit Khan said:

What an awesome pics ...

Cant wait to see the video ..😎

Guys still waiting pictures from @Abdul Basit Khan, @Kavin@shadow79, @Asif Hussain, @Rahimdad, @bjl, @manums

20 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Guys still waiting pictures from @Abdul Basit Khan, @Kavin@shadow79, @Asif Hussain, @Rahimdad, @bjl, @manums

@GauravBhai i have few only 🙈.

im attaching what i have.

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3488.JPG

IMG_3489.JPG

IMG_3490.JPG

Thanks @Abdul Basit Khan could you please upload them in gallery for better organizing.

Thank you for organizing such a great event team carnity. It was a pleasure to drive touching the whole UAE as a convoy. I felt the pleasure of long drive as well as the care of team when Gaurav bhai handed over the radio to me. It was fun and helpful at the same time. Regarding the pictures, I have shared whatever I took in the whatsapp group and unfortunately, I don't have it with me now. I had to format my phone due to some technical errors. I hope you can find my pictures in whatsapp group if you have not cleared it yet.

On 8/14/2017 at 2:31 PM, Barry said:

Sorry I missed you guys. Was supposed to go but I ended up working an 18 hour shift instead. Glad you all had a great time! 

I was expecting to meet you @Barry. :)

• Like (+1) 1