•  
Advertise here

Intro

Alfie

Although I have been in Dubai since 2012 I just joined this community a few days ago. Looking forward to be part of it and meet other enthusiasts. My daily driver is currently a Volvo XC90 V8 which was originally imported from the US. Apart from that I have a 2009 Jaguar XKR that I just got registered and is currently having its AC fixed. I also have an old Jag  XJR (1998) that used to be my daily driver but it is now parked as it needs a bit of TLC. My 1991 Ferrari 348 and the 1993 LandCruiser are also both parked for the moment waiting for a couple of issues to be sorted. As you probably understand, I like older (for Dubai at least) cars that I can work on myself. I am very interested in getting in touch with others that do the same. 

Alf

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks for the welcomes. I was actually very much looking forward to join this trip and get a good look around the country. Even though I have been here for 5 years there are many parts of the UAE I still haven't been to. Unfortunately I am doing a training course from Thursday to Sunday so I won't be going this time. I hope there will be another trip like this in not too long.

Hi @Alfie to your very own forum which has like minded petrol heads trying to beat the stealerships (dealerships) and crooks around. It is always a pleasure to come across someone who like to get down and dirty and understand his piece of machine rather than someone willing to throw a pile of money to fix something that was never an issue. From the variety of cars you own it must be a real challenge. Hope to see you around and enjoy asking questions and contributing with your experience on your very own forum.