•  
Advertise here

Power Steering Oil

11 hours ago, treks said:

I'm not getting involved in this thread, except to say that there is no such thing as a standardized ATF, no matter whether its Dexron 3 or not. 

Very smart move, same here.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

16 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

Then how will the opinions and facts be cleared if we don't have raw ravaged debate over here :-D:-D

I have already given my comment for anyone to take it or leave it, for just over 50 dhs difference i'll choose Mitsu Diamond ATF any day. 

No problems I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong but I want to know why. I know I am a good technician but I'm not Jesus and I am open to being educated. I would like to see some properly citated links explaining the differences in ATF oil. 

When I learned about it when I was selling it (way back long ago, just when D3 came out), I was taught that it was all manufactured to a standard that had to meet the manufacturers standard. Check the service manuals of many cars, it will say ATF D3 standard etc., 

So what is the REAL differences in the oils when it all meets the same specifications?

@Gaurav there is a guy who frequents all the UK forums, Opieoilman is his username. If you could get him on here, it would clear up so many questions when it comes to oil. There seems to be so many on here. I would particularly love him to confirm the 3k, 5k etc oil change scam.

• Like (+1) 1

Barry, I am not a scientist as well or chemical engineer to decode what exactly blend which company uses.

My simple theory goes with my own experience of 15 years of car owning in Dubai. Without naming and shaming any dealer or fuel station oil change they goes jet black and curdled in 5k kms than  getting Mobil 1 that stays half shiny and golden-brownish at 5k. There must be some serious science involved behind Mobil 1 oil engineering to reach to that level of quality. Secondly you pay peanuts, you get monkeys in most cases. So why putting 120 dhs oil change than 180 dhs for high quality brand. Thirdly, which is supreme the way car speaks to you with high quality brand is unbeatable: Better throttle response, Quieter engine, lower vibrations, smoother highway ride on and so many more benefits.

My logic is if by paying 60 dhs extra per oil change (half of fuel tank cost) I can keep my car happy, then why not.......?

I know now lot of people will start jumping up and down now.......!

Above ATF advise is 50% based on above oil change theory and remaining 50% is stick to OEM brands as far as possible to be safe than sorry. They know what they are designing BEST for their vehicle engineering.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Barry said:

No problems I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong but I want to know why. I know I am a good technician but I'm not Jesus and I am open to being educated. I would like to see some properly citated links explaining the differences in ATF oil. 

When I learned about it when I was selling it (way back long ago, just when D3 came out), I was taught that it was all manufactured to a standard that had to meet the manufacturers standard. Check the service manuals of many cars, it will say ATF D3 standard etc., 

So what is the REAL differences in the oils when it all meets the same specifications?

@Gaurav there is a guy who frequents all the UK forums, Opieoilman is his username. If you could get him on here, it would clear up so many questions when it comes to oil. There seems to be so many on here. I would particularly love him to confirm the 3k, 5k etc oil change scam.

@Barry, here is a brief overview of the subject-

https://www.cartechbooks.com/techtips/autotransfluid

• Thanks (+1) 1

I agree with both @Barry and @Gaurav.

I feel one should go with his experience and and nothing can beat that. As per Barry all ATF D3 are manufactured in a certain way to be certified, while Gaurav bhai rather pay the extra buck and be sure that he buys OEM as @desertdude says oil is cheaper than replacing an engine, so better to pay the extra and have satisfaction of mind. I normally change my oil from Adnoc at every 5K kilometers, I went yesterday and the guy checked the oil and said it is still good, normally you can drive an additional 3K kilometers but he suggested I go back to him after 1K. I was advised this before and I got the oil changed anyways, it came out sparkling clean. This time I went for his advise and will take it back in a couple of weeks time.

On my Discovery I had a leak on my steering wheel oil and it was turning out so tiresome to get a small bottle from Adnoc every 2 -3 weeks, I got a huge Gallon for AED 25/- which would last me 3- 4 months. I am not sure if it lacked quality in any way as my Discovery never gave me any problems with the steering assembly wear and tear and operated smoothly.

Just my 2 cents.