•  
Advertise here

What is your dream offroad car?

When I say dream, I mean achiveable dream and not Hymvee (H1) or 6x6 wheeler. Seeigng so many offroad drive video here every week, I am really curious to know whats your real dream offroad car you will buy - if you have cash + availability of the car. This dreamlist is not limited to new model, but you can share the older or oldest model too. Second if you don't mind telling whoich is your present offroad ride and from how long you have it. thanks all guys.

Current:  1999 SWB, 3.5 liter Pajero

Next: 2012 upward SWB Land Cruiser, whenever I retire my current Pajero.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Current: 2013 FJ Cruiser GXR 4.0 Liter

Future: Nissan Patrol Super Safari (2013 model upwards) 4.8L VTC

Super safari in my opinion is the king for off-roading especially the latest 2017 model made especially for middle eastern market. 

Current : Nissan Pathfinder 2001, V6 (VG33E)

Future : My history shows I have downgraded from a 5.7 Hemi V8 to a 3.9 V8 and now on a V6 3.3, so next should be a 4 Cylinder 2.7 Fortuner or Prado. Hehehehehe.

Seriously : I would love to go for a Truck next time, either the Ram 1500 twin cab or the Ford F150 FX4.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Rahimdad, as soon as the truck is painted and legal again (Long wheel base Ram 1500, Twin Cab Pickup) you can have a drive to see if you catch the bug

• Thanks (+1) 1

@Richard Mellish that is a mighty generous offer. i have test driven the Ram and I love the interior which is what matters to me, have used the 5.7 Hemi engine which I am in love with, and the looks are mean enough to tickle my fancy. However, on a test drive they do not allow you to take it off-road and that is one thing I would like to really have a feel of. Insha Allah I will take you on your offer. If I am not mistaken you have the Disco 2 on your DP, I had a 1998 Disco 1 for about 5 years and I love that machine too. Is it true that the Disco 2 lost it's central diff-lock which was a luxury for me in the Disco 1?

Rahimdad, your welcome. I bought the Ram over four years ago and I have not been off-road with the beast because of my job. I'm normally away from Dubai for weeks at a time. As soon as the beast is painted and legal I'm out for a night drive with you guys to see how the truck performs. Disco 2, is a recent purchase so I will need to check if it has traction control or central diff-lock. If it has traction control I assume I could switch off the traction control/ABS and fit the controls for the central diff-lock. Another project..!

Current: Range Rover P38A, Range Rover L322 

I'd get myself a 1997 NAS spec V8 petrol Auto transmission SWB Defender, maybe up the ante with a 4.6 transplant And/Or a 1995 Softdash Range Rover Classic and/Or A Range Rover L405, nothing like off roading in ultimate luxury and 550 supercharged horses on call

And RD most of the Disco IIs still came with the Xcase still with the lockable center diff with only the linkage to engage it missing, you can go under and manually lock by hand, or get the linkage from an old D1. I still prefer the old D1 for its simplicity, no airbags, no three amigos, no nothing.