•  
Advertise here

Since Ramadan we have stuck with the formula of having night drives to enjoy the absence of the sun while temperatures also become bearable by early morning before the sun rise. Time to break the fast and have a drive by day time. I'm pleased to announce the upcoming drive on 18th Aug, Friday late afternoon to let our team test our rides in the late afternoon hours. After seeing the level of all our members rise consistently this drive is not going to be as challenging compared to any of our previous drives and we will be welcoming any new comers to add to their new experience. The beauty of this area, the wide open dunes, and with the occasional sighting of wildlife like gazelles and oryx are all reasons to set your pulses racing. The plan would be to meet up at 4:30 pm as per the below link and than head out to have some awesome fun through terrain that will leave you wanting more, and we will end it with a good spot to sit around and have a BBQ session with chats about the drive, general talk and share some jokes.

When : 18 August 2017 at 4:30 pm
Where : First Emarat Petrol station on Dubai - Al Ain Road after Outlet Mall.

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/KD4Lath3cB42

Level of drive: Newbie/Fewbie any level, just be prepared to have a relaxed drive and enjoy the BBQ
Plan: Drive followed by BBQ
What to bring along: Stuff for BBQ like grill, charcoal, lighter fluid and BBQ meat or chicken, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time : 10 pm

Note : Drive level can be changed if required to suit the level of the convoy.

image.png.b3b131bf76f1bd8e53c645a8f890d5b1.png

6 hours ago, Sidshk said:

Most common question as usual what to carry for this trip ?

On 8/9/2017 at 1:49 PM, Rahimdad said:

What to bring along: Stuff for BBQ like grill, charcoal, lighter fluid and BBQ meat or chicken, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

It would also be helpful to bring along a 2 way radio, air compressor, something to help you deflate your tires and a proper tire pressure gauge.

Where do I start. A few people got a bit late for the meet up, and were not well prepared, so we started almost an hour late, with a late meet up of 4:30 and the sun to set at 7 pm we were pressed for time. We headed to the deflation point and after a quick deflation and a driver briefing we headed in to realize one of the vehicles was not properly deflated. After a quick remedy we again started and spotted a few Gazelles right at the start. Had a feeling that it was going to be a fantastic day.

After about 10 minutes in to the desert we had a pop-out, after fixing the pop-out we realized that another vehicle had low pressure on one of the tires, so we tried inflating it, but less then 2 minutes and the radio once again echoed that the same tire was running low pressure again. After a little inspection we determined that the valve must be faulty or leaking air due to sand caught in the valve. So we changed the valve, inflated it again and after a few minutes the same issue. At this time we tried to change the tire but did not have the tools to do the same, so we inflated it to about 38 PSI and headed out through the track. As we came out to the road we checked again and it was 36 PSI, the conclusion now was that there was some sand stuck in between the rim and the tire which was deflating when the pressure was brought down.

After a quick conference we decided to inflate and head to the Qudra Lakes by road. We came to a good spot, the Qudra Lakes seemed fairly enpty. Quickly we got the fire going and the chicken was up for the BBQ from my side and from Saleem. Thanks to Basel who helped with the BBQ and did a very nice job. After enjoying some soft drinks with the BBQ chicken we sat around and chatted till very early the next morning. Being inflated we just had to drive out and back to our homes. In short a very short desert drive, but well compensated by some delicious BBQ and relaxing chat.

Thank you to all participants, I really had fun.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/20/2017 at 11:41 PM, Rahimdad said:

Where do I start. A few people got a bit late for the meet up, and were not well prepared, so we started almost an hour late, with a late meet up of 4:30 and the sun to set at 7 pm we were pressed for time. We headed to the deflation point and after a quick deflation and a driver briefing we headed in to realize one of the vehicles was not properly deflated. After a quick remedy we again started and spotted a few Gazelles right at the start. Had a feeling that it was going to be a fantastic day.

After about 10 minutes in to the desert we had a pop-out, after fixing the pop-out we realized that another vehicle had low pressure on one of the tires, so we tried inflating it, but less then 2 minutes and the radio once again echoed that the same tire was running low pressure again. After a little inspection we determined that the valve must be faulty or leaking air due to sand caught in the valve. So we changed the valve, inflated it again and after a few minutes the same issue. At this time we tried to change the tire but did not have the tools to do the same, so we inflated it to about 38 PSI and headed out through the track. As we came out to the road we checked again and it was 36 PSI, the conclusion now was that there was some sand stuck in between the rim and the tire which was deflating when the pressure was brought down.

After a quick conference we decided to inflate and head to the Qudra Lakes by road. We came to a good spot, the Qudra Lakes seemed fairly enpty. Quickly we got the fire going and the chicken was up for the BBQ from my side and from Saleem. Thanks to Basel who helped with the BBQ and did a very nice job. After enjoying some soft drinks with the BBQ chicken we sat around and chatted till very early the next morning. Being inflated we just had to drive out and back to our homes. In short a very short desert drive, but well compensated by some delicious BBQ and relaxing chat.

Thank you to all participants, I really had fun.

seems like you guys had a blast irrespective of the minor setback...i  will be joining on the next one for sure....as i had given my car on that day for inspection for the salalah trip :)

• Like (+1) 1