•  
Advertise here

Cheap sand tyres!

48 minutes ago, Carty said:

Is the Nitto mud grappler tires different from the dura grappler? I've seen some features comparing it to Toyo open country mt

Yes they are very different and made for totally different use as their name suggests - Mud vs Dunes

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

MT are more aggressive pattern than Dune grapplers, I have not seen dune grapplers in a long time so I use Dura grapplers highway terrain and they are quite good on sand. I have a detailed report on those in the advise section.

• 1 year later...
On 8/14/2017 at 4:49 PM, umarcrespo333 said:

Thanks,

@desertdude 

wow Shaheeens look good, 320 a piece is pretty good. Clarifying, i have heard that 900s are bad on surfaces other than sand. But really I wouldn't drive recklessly on road  knowing how the tires are so i wouldn't worry about losing control. Second, looks , they look really good and give your suv personality. I believe any suv with undersized tires and wheels looks really bad and especially the lc 100 nothing makes it look good except the 900s. 

Still then Shahenn are the second 900s (i want those huge walls). How much for can i get a used one and what is the tire range also please provide me with the location? 

Appreciate it all.

I know it's been 3 years but here goes. 

I've had different 900s on my Nissan VTC '06 for around 6 years . 

1) Great off-road. Unlike other tyres ,  I noticed that these tires don't dig a lot when undergoing a refusal. So ,I've had very good experiences while self-recovery. Plus if you want to cross a sand patch , you don't really have to deflate. 

2) Looks great ! Like you , I was a big fan of the huge wall/bulge with a crapload of wet-finish tire shine . I got my maximum bulge when I downsized my rims to 15 inch from 17 inch and got a set of steel rims with a rim width of 9.5-10 inches . 

3) What I noticed is that they're alright on dry roads , not much of a difference in braking distance . But the moment the roads are wet , you'll find yourself spinning ( if you're in a RWD). I've personally hit many 180 degree turns in round abouts during the monsoon. 

4) Like others have mentioned , try to get those steel belted 900s. Or else you'll end up wobbling for like first 15-20 minutes in the morning after every night ( Like @Rahimdad said , winters are hell for 900s). Also if you get those Thailand/Taiwan 900s, you'll end up in an alignment and balancing shop every 2 weeks. 

5) My friends have faced problems in passing the car for renewal in Dubai . But it's okay in Sharjah Tasjeel,  I've faced no problems. Also , 900s are banned now in Oman , you'll have a lot of problems with ROP there. 

Screenshot_20190311-042049_Gallery.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

It's never to late @Melvin Martin. Great write up and would definitely help a lot of people. It would be nice if you could put a long term user review in the advise section. Could help many people.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

It's never to late @Melvin Martin. Great write up and would definitely help a lot of people. It would be nice if you could put a long term user review in the advise section. Could help many people.

Alright perfect ! I'll do it soon . Maybe check everyone's replies and come up with a good informative post. I remember back then , I did try to Google for advices and tips regarding the 900s , but I was disappointed. I guess we can change that now for others.  

• Thanks (+1) 1