•  
Advertise here

Screenwash in engine oil

Barry

Unbelievable, what the hell was he thinking. Its like the blonde walks into the spare part shop and asks for the cover that read 710. The guy went crazy pulling his hair till he start showing her all the parts and she finally pointed out the one that read OIL when the right way up.

Where do you even start to clean that mess? I guess the only thing you can do is take the engine out, put it on a stand, strip it to the bare block and start with a gallon of paraffin. I'd imagine there will be clearance issues when you're putting it all back together though. 

Rip the lump out, strip the engine and drop it into a paraffin bath for a couple of days. Take the engine out of the bath, don your goggles and protective clobber and get busy with an air blower. Good luck comes to mind. 

2 hours ago, Barry said:

Where do you even start to clean that mess? I guess the only thing you can do is take the engine out, put it on a stand, strip it to the bare block and start with a gallon of paraffin. I'd imagine there will be clearance issues when you're putting it all back together though. 

There will definitely be clearance issues.

The only thing to do here is to strip it down, clean out all the gunk from the block, crank, cams, check and if possible hone the cylinders, (if not, re-bore), polish or regrind the crank, and fit new bearings, pistons, rings, and a new timing kit and oil pump. 

Then, pressure test the cylinder head, check, and re-seat all valves, and replace valve stem seals. Oh, and don't forget the tell the idiot not to do this again just after he pays you for all of the above. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1

Wow @treks that's a complete rebuild.

Understand where your coming from. If the engine was running and no serious knocks, the customer may of had a lucky break. However if the engine is cooked then its a blanket repair. Agree with you 100%