•  
Advertise here

Best way to protect paint on road trips?

Mohd86

Ok I know we all hate this coming back from a road trip and notice those dings and dents not to mention those bugs stuck to your bumper and hood.

whats the best way to avoid or minimize the damage?? Any tips to protect headlights hood bumper fenders is welcome.

also has anyone ever used plasti dip?

Many car accessories shop and Ace hardware sells a can of spray-on rubber protectant, that you can just spray on car nose, quarter of bonnet and side view mirrors. Once you are done, just peel off that rubbery film by hand.

Sorry I don't remember the exact name, but if you describe this to any half way decent car accessory shop, they will know it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

4 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Many car accessories shop and Ace hardware sells a can of spray-on rubber protectant, that you can just spray on car nose, quarter of bonnet and side view mirrors. Once you are done, just peel off that rubbery film by hand.

Sorry I don't remember the exact name, but if you describe this to any half way decent car accessory shop, they will know it.

Thanks I will go to musaffah and see if I can find that spray

No its not plastidip I meant, as it will be expensive for bigger surface area.

Spoke to my car accessories friend and they call it "protection for travel" and comes in different colours and cost only 10 dhs.

IMG-20170815-WA0017.jpg.f05d57adb7c865c662266ec92d8ba4f0.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Yes, I have seen those beige color car nose covering on many saudi cars on szr.

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

No its not plastidip I meant, as it will be expensive for bigger surface area.

Spoke to my car accessories friend and they call it "protection for travel" and comes in different colours and cost only 10 dhs.

IMG-20170815-WA0017.jpg.f05d57adb7c865c662266ec92d8ba4f0.jpg

this is perfect...a couple of can of this and i should be able to protect the front and the fenders.. any idea about headlights??

last time i used painters tape its blue and its ugly and also doesn't protect headlights.