•  
Advertise here

Any suggestion to buy dash cam?

Gaurav

I am thinking of buying a dash cam now, with little search I could only find a 50-150 dhs non branded dash cam with bad reviews or 2500 dhs worth blackvue that has awesome features and reviews.

Is there any other brand you guys have tried that is in mid-range and offer good features and quality?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Can't recommend a specific brand but I can recommend buying 2. One for the front and one for the back. 90% of the accidents here seem to be rear end collisions. It's good to keep your ass covered, literally speaking. 

• Like (+1) 1

Y not go for the cheap ones first? Uk, just try out one maybe you'll get the good one! :D 

Not tried any tho :P . I am only suggesting. 

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/05/six-cheap-dash-cams-that-dont-suck/

@umarcrespo333 the problem with buying a cheap one is that you don't need it until you have an accident. By that stage it is too late to find out that it's crap. 

@Gaurav search on pistonheads forum. There's always regular discussions on them. I don't take much notice but it's work having a read. 

I bought a good one a couple of years ago in Dubai. Had a problem at first with the memory card, but once that was sorted, it worked a treat. Don't have the brand name with me, however I'm back in Dubai this weekend and I will look it up and post the details.

Also, I would take @Barry  advice and buy two. I have been rammed in the back four times. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Morning @Gaurav do you want a basic dash-cam or a dash-cam you can use for off road.

I'm back in Dubai this weekend, give me a call Friday or Saturday to have a chat, :-):-)

Good morning Richard, I just want something for on road use only. For off-road im more than happy with my gopro hero 5. Please PM me your mobile and ill call you over the weekend, thanks.

i have a Transcend Drivepro 200 which i bought from flipkart for 16000INR (about 900 something AED). Its pretty basic and straight forward. Quality is good and satisfying for its price (as of now lol) but it doesnt have an in-built battery to record in cases of motion detection when the car is off.. but has some kinda sensor when it detects a pothole it starts 'emergency recording'. it have been usefull to me in india (currently on vacation) in 2 different cases. (rear end and people tryna make problems).. its an older model and bought it years back and now i can see it on souq for 555. there are newer model with gps and heres a link to it

https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/transcend-dashcam/s/?as=1&utm_expid=59913200-53.Q1QEemz1QWW4d8C2EVSepg.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fuae.souq.com%2Fae-en%2Fdashcam%2Fs%2F%3Fas%3D1 

Still not sure about the in-built battery. and a screenshot from the dashcam footage is attached. vlcsnap-2017-08-22-10h18m42s591.thumb.png.fb70af8a518da54bf2dd3e2ecd46373c.pngBtw its Mohanlal in the Land Cruiser. Its slightly over-exposed because i ve put the ev setting to +1 for night but never a problem on daylight highways. vlcsnap-2017-08-22-10h28m56s874.thumb.png.2b7a217fda5acf81f9617156a48c86e0.pngIn night its kind of a potato but taking into consideration that there is no street lights in india, its pretty good.

Edited by hAwX
added info: no battery to record when the car is off in my drivepro 200

Thanks hawx, I just ordered YI Smart Dash Cam from souq after checking lot of reviews and this one only got 4.6 rating based on 37 reviews, seems pretty nice. Will post the reviews, once I receive it.

Important Information

Terms of use