•  
Advertise here

AC compressor inquiry

9 hours ago, desertdude said:

In all the time Ive been in and around cars. Ive never seen or have had to change the entire cooling system of a car, to me thats simply unheard of. 

Even on 15 yr old US imported wrecks or insurance written off cars Ive rebuilt over the years. 

This is exactly the point, I mentioned for "MUST" second opinion in my first post.

Btw, now I have to take my Pajero to AMPEX too after listening to so many success stories here. It's AC is borderline cooling always.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

In the old cars there wasn't this problem and even you could get compressor internal parts and the condenser and evaporator coil were serpentine system if it was blocked then easily you could find out and even could clean them

but as the newer model compressors and condenser have been produced they have made it from such light materials that if a bearing breaks and the piston or rotor hits compression chamber it scrapes tiny metal particles and those particles revolve around with the oil and gas around the system and gets back in to the compressor and damages it to such extent that there is no longer pressure produced from it making it useless...

Bhai your a/c is 10 to 6c at idle not like a brand new system but its that bad that its uncomfortable...

Edited by shadow79
More information

7 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

Bhai your a/c is 10 to 6c at idle not like a brand new system but its that bad that its uncomfortable...

It's not as cool as my Mustang or my wifey Trail blazer in 50+ degree. I simply put it that way and like to see Pajero cooling going anyway close to that level (if possible).

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

bhai mustang and blazers have orifice system a/c even with the condenser at its full capacity and compressor at its optimum pressure will come to 3 to -2c in the tvx system

and for that type of cooling you might have to put aditional heat exchanger at rear and toss in a additional condensor at front so the cabin temp will drop further down as the these are duct temp and cabin temperature further varies at 10 to 15c

@desertdude see these its of a corolla came in today for full overhaul see what I mean it had a jammed compressor and without opening it up told the guy he had to overhaul....

IMG_20170824_164414.jpg

IMG_20170824_164452.jpg

Well a jammed compressor is a different story altogether. And overhaul is different and cheaper than a complete replacement of the entire system. And Ive seen this before also, usually because of cheap chinese gas which was hitting the market and one time. Jamming compressors left and right.

Edited by desertdude

no my friend this is not only caused by chinese gas

sometimes the bearings inside the compressor give up and break and sometimes the shaft itself goes and sometimes the pistons or the rotors scrap and make those magical powder which then kills the performance....

and i am replacing almost the complete system only the pipes and evaporator if not leak will be reused other things like the compressor condenser and the valve will be changed

11 hours ago, shadow79 said:

no my friend this is not only caused by chinese gas

sometimes the bearings inside the compressor give up and break and sometimes the shaft itself goes and sometimes the pistons or the rotors scrap and make those magical powder which then kills the performance....

and i am replacing almost the complete system only the pipes and evaporator if not leak will be reused other things like the compressor condenser and the valve will be changed

...which is fine, as long as you don't use anything that was made in China, including the refrigerant.

• 4 weeks later...

i don't use substandard gas usually get honeywell or else if that's really short of supply then i get klea the japanese gas and both have been really good not much rise in highside at afternoons means the system runs smoothly...