•  
Advertise here

How is Cooper Discoverer A/T3

derik

From the looks of it, I just simply love them and I have been seeing in one of the 4x4 parked next to my office daily. Can anyone please provide the real time feedback for 75% road and 25% offroad usage? Thanks in advance guys.

discovererat3.png

16 minutes ago, derik said:

From the looks of it, I just simply love them and I have been seeing in one of the 4x4 parked next to my office daily. Can anyone please provide the real time feedback for 75% road and 25% offroad usage? Thanks in advance guys.

discovererat3.png

Handling:

Both on and off-road the A/T3’s proved to be very stable, even in wet conditions. Transitioning from some rather bald, not so aggressive tires to the A/T3’s was a noticeable upgrade in the handling department for me. Especially in snowy conditions. On the highway and city these tires deliver a smooth ride free from any shaking or turbulence. I wouldn’t say they’re made for high-speed cornering, but I was rather impressed with their overall agility. Especially when you consider their aggressive tread pattern.

Traction:

These tires (much like my favorite golfer) grip it and rip it! Throughout testing both on and off-road myself and the rest of our crew were truly impressed with amount of traction the A/T3’s provided. No matter what we came across (sand, rocks, mud or snow) these tires kept our Jeep firmly in contact with the ground… even if at some moments it was only with three out of four tires.

• On-Road: Traveling city roads and the highway are absolutely no challenge for the A/T3’s. These tires easily handle rain with very little hydroplaning and actually handle snow incredibly well. Making starting and stopping in slippery winter conditions a stress free experience instead of a white-knuckled adventure.
  • Off-Road: We expected the aggressive tread of the A/T3’s to hand the road with no problem, but we weren’t sure how they’d grapple with rocks and muddy conditions. So we put them through everything our test Jeep and it’s 8.5″ ground clearance could handle. That means sand, snow, mud and rocks. We threw everything we could think of at these tires and they guided us through it without fear. We never got stuck, but did have a few close calls in off-road snowy conditions, which if you ask me are some of the worst you can encounter, but alas the A/T3’s were able muster up enough traction to keep the jeep rolling.

Road Noise:

I don’t quite know what it is with Jeeps, but they can make even slightly aggressive tires sound like mudders. Needless to say, we did experience some above average road noise produced by these tires. Most noticeably on the highway and that can be attributed to their aggressive treads and styling. Every vehicle is different (sound proofing, etc…) so what sounds a little loud in our test Jeep might sound perfectly normal in your F150. That being said, the road noise we experienced was noticeable, but not annoying overall.

Durability:

Touted with a generous 55,000 mile warranty the Discover A/T3’s were engineered to keep you on the road for a long time. During our testing sessions (lasting just over 2 months and 4,000 miles) we experienced very little wear and tear and no noticeable cracking or defects in the rubber – which is saying a lot after all the off-road work we put these tires through.

Value:

Ranging in price from $135 to $175 ea. (depending on size) we found the A/T3’s to be a very good value. Especially for outdoors men and women who need the dependability and fuel efficiency of road tires and the aggressive versatility of off-road tires. The A/T3’s are in our opinion an ideal combo of both, making them the best of both worlds – with very little compromise.

THE GOOD
  • Preforms Great Both On/Off-Road
  • Handles Surprisingly Well For an Aggressive Tread Pattern
  •  
THE NOT SO GOOD
  • Above Average Road Noise
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I used them once when it used to known as Cooper Discoverer ATR and they were really nice in offroad with mild bearable noise on road. The bigger problem was loosing the chunk from shoulders after a year of usage with 6-8k km wasn't nice. Changed them in 18 months and found them expensive for 10-12k kms usable + good looking life. Off course people use them with shattered tread and broken shoulder pattern upto 40k kms, but they "looks" horribly unsafe for offroad.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use