•  
Advertise here

good locations to data log.

Byron

Hi guys,

I'm struggling to find good safe spots to run the car at max and get some data logs for my HP tuners to refine my current tune.

Any good roads between Dubai and Abu Dhabi with less or no cameras?  I need to hit my rev limiter a few times, and I need some space to do so.  I'm not drifting or anything crazy, just monitoring my fuel and air ratios etc, and while a dyno tune is good, they don't help tuning for drive-ability.  I am in the fine tuning, fuel economy and overall smoothness of the car.

I am trying to refine my tune a bit, before final modifications.

Any suggestions on locations that would be suitable? Desert roads or remote places where I wont be bothered or bother anyone doing what I need to do to get the data.

Maybe in the northern emirates?

Any suggestions are most welcome.

PM me some pins please!

-Byron

Note - I do not condone law breaking (just for legality sake)

You need to head the other direction. I.e. Not Dubai-abu Dhabi. I went to hatta a while back for exit. Proper late like, Im Talking 3-4 in the morning, no cars on the road. Once you see the donut marks in the middle of the road you know anything goes. Cross over into Oman and it's even more free. No need to show license, show British passport and ok maafi mushkil.

Do you mind if I ask, which software are you using for tuning? And which method are you using to connect to your ECU? Bluetooth or wired?

Not looking to break any laws. 

But a solid 1-2-3 gear pull at bouncing off my rev limit is hard to accomplish sometimes...... within the space provided. 

I'll head that general direction. I usually don't participate in such things, but there is only one good way to test the tune. Unfortunately I need a few miles of uninterrupted space to accomplish that. 🤣

Thanks!

-Byron

43 minutes ago, Barry said:

If you want some rolling road time my friend has one and I can hook you up. 

You still didn't tell me what software you're using.....

I use HP Tuners Pro.

Rolling road? is that slang for Dyno?  Or he has a good place in the middle of nowhere?

-Byron