•  
Advertise here

JKU lift kits worth it?

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, and I have a JKU sport.

I'm playing with the ideal of getting a few mods, I need your advise on this.

1) Lift kit - is it really worth it, i'm getting a decent price on the mopar 2.0"kit from Trading Enterprise but skipping the heavy duty drive shaft. But i want to know if having a lift kit is really worth the money spent.

2) Light bar with halogens or LED light bars

Please share your experience/ advise it will be a great help.

Thanks,

BIjoy

2" lift kit is must if you plan to venture off-road with your Jeep, it will even help more in your Jeep Wrangler Unlimited case due to its long wheel base. So for sure it's worth every penny to get lift-kit. Now which one is good, I am not really sure in Jeep / Mopar world may be someone more knowledgeable here can advise further.

For Light bar, there is two school of thoughts: For people fan of beam opt for halogen spot light setup. For people who like flood opt for LED light bar. If you go LED light bar, my highest recommendation is to go for CREE LED light bar, as they are VERY bright and helps a lot in the night . I am using CREE (top) and non CREE (bumper)LED bars in my Pajero (first car) and know the difference very well. I can read the dunes formation from 250 - 300 meters with my top mounted CREE LED light bar.

DSC_3365.jpg

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you Gaurav, 

I'm going to dig round a little more on the lift kit debate. do you have a lift kit installed - if yes, from where? I have spoken to jeep showroom, and they were "wishy-washy" about if it left me more confused than i should be 

Where did you get the CREE lights fixed? I'm looking for a the side lights (flood pattern) + roof tops, with 2 spot and 2 flood pattern/ front bumper lights (spot pattern) (example below)

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 19.09.15.png

Edited by Bijoy George