•  
Advertise here

Wider wheel track vs narrower.

@umarcrespo333 you should always try out your ride in the desert, that way you realize what you need before making any mods. There is no thumb of the rule that applies. I am not a big fan of wheel spacers, but in some 4x4s it becomes mandatory to do it of you lift the vehicle, but make sure you get branded reliable wheel spacers rather than the Iranian's make shift job that makes your vehicle more unreliable and dangerous.

• Like (+1) 2

Home made spacers which just invite trouble. I remember one time driving with on of my off road buddy and his wheel started to wobble. I stopped him and it seemed one of the nut had come loose. We tightened the nut and moved about 7 - 8 kms before it started to wobble again. He finally told me he got wheel spacers installed from on of the Iranian shops. We removed the spacer and put the wheel on again. Surely he has a little rubbing issue, but at least he did not face any major damages driving at high speed on the highway with his wheel coming off.

@Rahimdad Good place to buy good spacers? Just the rear ones. I am having trouble finding them online because I am having a hard time reading them. I only understand width numbers nothing else.

• Sad (0) 1

The LC100seies does just fine without spacers even with a lift, leave it alone. Take it from a guy who earned his livelihood bashing it in the desert from the time when you were still in your diapers ;) 

On 07/09/2017 at 1:06 AM, desertdude said:

The LC100seies does just fine without spacers even with a lift, leave it alone. Take it from a guy who earned his livelihood bashing it in the desert from the time when you were still in your diapers ;) 

Hahaha real funny. But still, what about looks? I'm thinking of widening the car.

I can't even imagine what a home made wheel spacer would be like. Your wheel bearing would rattle apart. If you're that miserable, just draw what you want on a bit of paper and give it to one of the Bengali machine shops. At least you'll have something useable.

• Like (+1) 1

On 06/09/2017 at 6:55 PM, umarcrespo333 said:

@Rahimdad Good place to buy good spacers? Just the rear ones. I am having trouble finding them online because I am having a hard time reading them. I only understand width numbers nothing else.

Try AEV in Al Quiz. Last I heard they keep stuff only for Keep Wranglers. JK.