•  
Advertise here

5 minutes ago, umarcrespo333 said:

As far as I know, the rad fan is supposed to be on as soon as you turn the key 2nd position.

Thanks Umar, i think fan should turn on only when engine is getting hot. Like for example in the morning when engine is cold fan shouldnot turn on. 

Hmmm, maybe in the modern cars it's that way. I have always noticed on older models. Anyways, I would get it checked with multiple mechanics before getting any work done. It helps so that you just don't throw away your money and nothing gets done.

I am also guessing that the fan's temperature connection to the engine is cut off (hope that is a thing) so it always stays on.

Edited by umarcrespo333

Is your car has two electric fans mounted on the radiator?

Please find out and explain what you hear and see when:

• The car just started in morning? 
    • loud gushing noise, that get settled after few minutes and it becomes quiet? OR
    • Same constant noise through out
    • No noise at all
  • Car in stop and go traffic in the afternoon with AC on?
    • loud gushing noise, that get settled after few minutes and it becomes quiet? OR
    • No noise at all
  • Car on the highway at highest possible speed?
    • No noise at all

Then we can advise you further on what's probably going wrong.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

26 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Is your car has two electric fans mounted on the radiator?

Please find out and explain what you hear and see when:

• The car just started in morning? 
    • No noise at all
  • Car in stop and go traffic in the afternoon with AC on?
    • No noise at all
  • Car on the highway at highest possible speed?
    • No noise at all

Then we can advise you further on what's probably going wrong.

Hi Gaurav, yes, there are two fan connected each other. There are no grinding noise as such. its just than fan is always spinning as and when i start the engine. i am not sure whether it is supposed to be that way.. But the agency is recommending for a change. 

48 minutes ago, umarcrespo333 said:

Hmmm, maybe in the modern cars it's that way. I have always noticed on older models. Anyways, I would get it checked with multiple mechanics before getting any work done. It helps so that you just don't throw away your money and nothing gets done.

I am also guessing that the fan's temperature connection to the engine is cut off (hope that is a thing) so it always stays on.

yes..i will take it to couple of mechanics outside agency and lets see what they say. 

I never mentioned grinding noise.

I said do you hear loud gushing (whooshing) noise occasionally ever.............? or it's always running at one constant speed?

That's normal as AC increase the electric fan speed or switch on AC fan for the condenser.

• Apart from that have you ever heard engine fan noise going louder or quieter?
  • Have you ever seen engine temperature gauge rising from its normal position?
  • What symptoms prompted dealer to check AC fan?

No, it has never over heated. If its normal than i would leave it as it is. I am not sure why dealer recommended it. I gave them for a minor service which includes inspection of other items as well. Any how, thanks a lot man.