•  
Advertise here

Sunrise at Big Red (Bidayer) - 15 Sep 2017

As the weather is getting better so we can restart our old fashion - early morning drives that leave the whole Friday on hand for family and friends. And what better place to do the newbie opening morning drive at Bidayer area to enjoy the sunrise on top of Big Red. After enjoying the sunrise and quick play time, we will head to pink rock through some nice night cold dunes.

This area offers all level terrain in some easy to medium size rolling dunes, and we expect to finish at the pink rock area. This is an all level drive, fit for newbies and fewbies as well.

When: 15 Sep 2017, Friday
Meeting time: 5 AM, convoy will move sharp at 5:15 AM
Where: Old Emarat Petrol Station at Lahbab R/A

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/gQd1UszDdSG2

Level of drive: Absolute Newbie - Newbie - Fewbie - Expert - Advance - All are welcome
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
Plan: Morning drive from Bidayer to Pink rock and enjoy the sunrise.
What to bring along: Morning snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9 AM, 15 Sep 2017, Friday

big red.jpg

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

24 minutes ago, Atif said:

Gaurav I am a bit hesitant to drive in pitch dark condition specially as I dont have additional lights on my 4x4 and am a fewbie . Do you advise me to join in ? 

@Atif it's an early morning drive, so we will not be driving in pitch dark at all. We expect to hit the sand after deflation and briefing by 5:45 - 6:00 AM.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Im confused or maybe just old. Weren't these super early morning drives a feature of summertime to beat the heat?

And hats off to people who wake up before the crack of dawn on a holiday,  just to go dune bashing!

Even when I was getting paid I would skip morning drives, let alone go voluntarily on one!

@Atif I have been going for the night drives this entire summer without any additional lights and as long as I followed the car in front it's been quite simple. Yes, if you are leading the convoy you would definitely need the additional lights to see the way forward.

Edited by skumar83
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

Im confused or maybe just old. Weren't these super early morning drives a feature of summertime to beat the heat?

And hats off to people who wake up before the crack of dawn on a holiday,  just to go dune bashing!

Even when I was getting paid I would skip morning drives, let alone go voluntarily on one!

You are definitely old, people go dune bashing only on weekend for feeding their desert bug unlike daily job made you so bored.

Secondly, it's called enthusiasm and not voluntarily going for a charity drive, lol. I think due to safari train track you were really got bored, as they are no way remotely close to any of our real dune bashing drives.

• Like (+1) 1