•  
Advertise here

Car Battery Replacement

Rajkumar

It's never a good idea to disconnect a battery for any length of time, since the ECU could lose its Keep Alive Memory. The best thing to do is to connect an intelligent trickle charger to keep the battery fully charged if you are going to be away for along time.

2 minutes ago, Barry said:

A bad cheap battery won't damage your electronics but may cause issues and throw up a lot of electrical trouble codes. It won't last as long and could leave you stranded. 

Rather than disconnecting a battery if you're not going to use the car for a while, I recommend using a battery conditioner instead. They aren't expensive and you can get solar ones if you have no mains power supply. Disconnecting in modern cars can cause all sorts of problems which can lead to a lot of things having to be reprogrammed. 

Thanks. will try to get a a battery conditioner. 

That's a new stuff, I heard today: battery conditioner. 

How does it look like barry? and how to install by DIY? and where to hide the solar panel so that no one steals it? and what to do in underground or shaded parking like mine?

I usually keep it on and then jump start if it doesn't crank, at least it will power up all security module needed for long standing in my absence.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Yeah, what saleem said. 

I don't know how it would work in underground parking. It's just one of these things you'll have to try and see if the ambient light will run it. A lot of them work through the cigarette lighter so it's a case of plugging it in and setting the panel on the dashboard  

The simple ones look like this but there are different variations 

IMG_1757.JPG

22 hours ago, Gaurav said:

That's a new stuff, I heard today: battery conditioner. 

How does it look like barry? and how to install by DIY? and where to hide the solar panel so that no one steals it? and what to do in underground or shaded parking like mine?

I usually keep it on and then jump start if it doesn't crank, at least it will power up all security module needed for long standing in my absence.

Solar panels work with UV light, so if the parking garage is lit with fluorescent lighting, the battery conditioner will work because fluorescent lights emit reasonable amounts of UV light.  

• Like (+1) 2

You can actually change it to any type, it doesn't matter anymore, because everybody now gives you one year warranty when you change your battery, usually in Sharjah they charge you around 130-150 Dirhams for your battery & they will buy your battery for thirty dirhams, win win buy

Important Information

Terms of use