•  
Advertise here

Car Battery Replacement

Rajkumar

Ac delco is made in Saudi from very long time. it once had a reputation when they were imported from USA..now just price is high and no quality have seen them fail more then once in the 1 year warranty...

Just another query while we are discussing batteries.

Is there a negative impact or car electronics in case one installs a cheaper brand?

Also , should one remove the battery lead when one goes on a month long holiday?

I am not sure about the impact on car electronics when installing a cheaper brand.

But it's sure that one should remove the battery lead when going for a month long holiday (if there is no one to start the car, time to time).

This is my personal opinion. Please correct me if I am wrong.

A bad cheap battery won't damage your electronics but may cause issues and throw up a lot of electrical trouble codes. It won't last as long and could leave you stranded. 

Rather than disconnecting a battery if you're not going to use the car for a while, I recommend using a battery conditioner instead. They aren't expensive and you can get solar ones if you have no mains power supply. Disconnecting in modern cars can cause all sorts of problems which can lead to a lot of things having to be reprogrammed. 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use