•  
Advertise here

Is Fuel System Cleaner works or Just an Eye wash

BARRY it sounds as u do not like engineers for some personal reason you have u can talk and show some respect without attacking me, i never mentioned my designation i mentioned it upon forum admin request just a few days ago i am not a technician who missed the engineering qualification and call himself engineer as thousands of people here.

although your technical discussion is tricky mixing advantages with disadvantages of engine design and not clear depending on the fact that most of the forum members have no technical background that i will not discuss and elongate the time wasted already. anyway i am not found of posting and arguing but try to learn how to talk not enforce or mention your opinion loudly and aggressively even if u are the owner of this site i don't have to bear your attitude you hear me.

38 minutes ago, ma7amad said:

BARRY it sounds as u do not like engineers for some personal reason you have u can talk and show some respect without attacking me, i never mentioned my designation i mentioned it upon forum admin request just a few days ago i am not a technician who missed the engineering qualification and call himself engineer as thousands of people here.

although your technical discussion is tricky mixing advantages with disadvantages of engine design and not clear depending on the fact that most of the forum members have no technical background that i will not discuss and elongate the time wasted already. anyway i am not found of posting and arguing but try to learn how to talk not enforce or mention your opinion loudly and aggressively even if u are the owner of this site i don't have to bear your attitude you hear me.

Apologies, it was not my intention to deliberately insult you. I was merely try to ascertain why you were posting incorrect information about the lubrication of cylinder walls when your profile designation states you are an engineer and an engineer should know these things. If you aren't sure about something, it's better to either ask questions or post nothing than to misinform people with incorrect information.

I have never once claimed to be an engineer. I have never taken any engineering exams and I have never had any desire to do so, so a failed or fake engineer I have never been and will never be. I do not even have any technical qualifications as many members on this site know and I have never made a secret of it. I originally left school with qualifications in IT, Business and Languages. However, what I do have is 16+ years experience in all aspects of electrical and mechanical automotive repair, full ground up restoration rebuilds, race car builds and many hundreds of hours reading books and learning theory.

Finally, I never enforce my opinion on anyone. If anyone doesn't like my opinion on anything, I don't care. But facts are one thing that should be reiterated over and over as many times as needed until people understand them. Forums are a free education service and it's a shame people don't see it that way or appreciate the fact that people go out of their way to try to teach them.

• Like (+1) 1

you are doing the same in hidden aggressive way u like that u are not smarter than me or better educated than me let people investigate what i am saying and what you are saying u taking about micro things in cylinder walls design and built.... oh again u pushed me to argue anyway there are tons of information available people can learn from it. i will not comment literally on what u said i told you i am not interested AT ALL in teaching or advising or showing my self as who know something and really i feel sorry to involve my self in this, i don't know why?  i should expect that i will meet someone like u to damage my day. for u the forum may be something essential for me it is just a place to say high people there how are u. although i know how much knowledge  and experience i have in industries and automation and i am just occasionally visitor to this site so i am not interested in disturbing anybody back again to what u have been doing and please excuse me.

I totally agree @ma7amad that barry's couple of opening sentences came out bit harsh, but I know him personally since long and I can guarantee that that's not what he meant to insult or belittle you or anyone on this forum. For the same, he has apologized it even, as sometimes written text lacks the emotions and feelings as if two guys are standing and debating in a workshop with a couple of rights and wrongs. It's just that same thing sounds too harsh on a public forum. 

You seem to be very knowledgeable as well, and I really suggest you take active participation so that we can all learn from your vast experience and knowledge and maybe you can learn something new from forums.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

my 2 cents

i have tried many but all were snake oil useless...but one its from a american brand bng but put it only when the tank is half that way it does work and that small vibration which didn't went by changing the plugs went away...

Edited by shadow79
more info
  • Like (+1) 1

• 9 months later...

I have tried this STP thing offlate in my Pajero. I have not found any difference. On the contrary, the car's Fuel Efficiency went for a toss and I felt robbed of my 51 Dhms. 😥

7 hours ago, vishlad702 said:

I have tried this STP thing offlate in my Pajero. I have not found any difference. On the contrary, the car's Fuel Efficiency went for a toss and I felt robbed of my 51 Dhms. 😥

Yup same with me

the best thing you can do is remove the tank and clean it inside out then change the pump strainer and toss them back in

and through check the pipe with pressurised air till the rail joint

then remove the injector and manually clean then then toss them in sonic vibration tanks then fix them on a glass rail and check their spray pattern and quantity on idle ,mid speed and high speed to be sure that nothing funky is with them

There is a YouTube channel called Project Farm where this guy tests out all these products and more on a petrol lawnmower motor, opens up the heads and cylinders, does compression tests before and after testing these products so you can make up your mind on what does and does not work. 

There was also a similar test done on Fifth Gear using a VW Corando to see if it is possible to bring back lost horse power by dyno testing before amd after every step the biggest difference in horse power came after using Red X ( unfortunately you dont get that here ) but overall the theme with most if these products is to see any real results you have to use them regularly for a durationof time and a one time use will not really make much difference.

• Like (+1) 1