•  
Advertise here

SUV Choice

sertac

12 minutes ago, skumar83 said:

XJ is a simple vehicle. I think you can get the original MOPAR parts from Trading Enterprises and if not available in stock they will order it. But lot of the parts can be put from other makes (also called Tejari).

Did you had any problem to find a part? I am scared because this will be my only vehicle. if i have to wait for any part it will be a big problem for me. Is your XJ GCC or US? For XJ is it that much important? Most XJ i found import only one GCC is for sale now.

https://www.dubicars.com/1999-jeep-cherokee-sport-104374.html

Edited by sertac

I have not had any major issue in finding parts, I had recently go the radiator, water pump, spark plugs, clutch, and I think the flywheel changed and there was no major issue. My car doctor is @shadow79 and he has been able to get most of the parts.

My car is a GCC spec car, GCC spec car is better than US import because in US the bottom of the car is mostly rusted. Other than that, whichever origin you will have to do some work on the cooling system to improve it (if it has not already been done).

To use this vehicle for both daily driving as well as offroading depends on the condition of the car. In my case I got a relatively clean car so I use it for both. But most people keep this car for weekend drives only as its quite basic to drive on a regular basis

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, skumar83 said:

I have not had any major issue in finding parts, I had recently go the radiator, water pump, spark plugs, clutch, and I think the flywheel changed and there was no major issue. My car doctor is @shadow79 and he has been able to get most of the parts.

My car is a GCC spec car, GCC spec car is better than US import because in US the bottom of the car is mostly rusted. Other than that, whichever origin you will have to do some work on the cooling system to improve it (if it has not already been done).

To use this vehicle for both daily driving as well as offroading depends on the condition of the car. In my case I got a relatively clean car so I use it for both. But most people keep this car for weekend drives only as its quite basic to drive on a regular basis

Thank you for such a detailed information. Today after work i will go and check that black xj i posted. If i like it i can take it to your mechanic for inspection. 

Cherokee are good and very powerful if you get the clean one. So do your proper hunting before finalizing.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

With the kind helps of Karim i found a Jeep XJ for me. Without him it will be impossible to find these guys myself.

Yesterday i went Ajman to meet Karim. He took me a Jeep garage and dealers. We checked many cars but the one we decide was really different than the others. I really like this one but still we have some cosmetic things to do on it. Right now its black, i mean all black except half of head lights :D  Thank you so much @shadow79 and @skumar83

10rl0k2.jpg

20171029_203322.jpg

20171029_203253.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, skumar83 said:

congratulations on your new ride. Look forward to meeting you in the desert with it.

Thank you i am also looking forward to meeting you in the desert. 

Congrats on your rig, looks clean from pics. Have Saleem went under the car to check the rusteeeez issue? Is this US / GCC?

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use