•  
Advertise here

Where do I complain for fake spare parts in Sharjah?

Just wondering, what are the ways we can complain about fake parts selling shops in Sharjah?

Recently bitten by the expensive and so-called original, but fake spare part bought from some shop in Sharjah.

Also, I like to know what are these shops refund/replacement policy in case if the spare part doesn't work as intended? Any advice is highly appreciated.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Bought the engine fan clutch for 900 aed, installed on Thursday and tested on Friday drive and car was slight overheating but fan was running at usual speed and not gushing at full rpm speed as it should be.

Recorded the video and will post here with shop name if they refuse to refund. Going there tonite, will update in some time.

Just got the reply from shop operations manager that refund is against company policy and I can complain anywhere I wish to do. I will post the whole details later.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Were the parts marked as genuine? If so, this is complete bs and the vendor deserves the full force of the law plus whatever karma is coming to close their doors.

Its one thing ordering online on aliexpress or eBay, you already know if it's too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true. But when you buy supposedly genuine parts from a proper shop, there are no excuses.

Your first legal hurdle will be to prove its a fake with conclusive proof, I have no idea how you are going to go about doing it. Just because it failed doesn't mean its a fake. Also they can come up with a million excuses why its your fault it failed. Improper installation etc etc.

Then if their receipt specially mentions no refunds or exchanges, them Im sorry there isn't much you can do. 

Hope you get it sorted out though.

• Gaurav locked this topic