•  

Bidayer to Iftaar Bowl - Newbie/Fewbie - 27 Oct

Rahimdad

Weather is turning amazing and when hot weather couldn't stop us from burning up the desert, we are not going to let this cooler breeze go to waste. Area 53 is an extension of Bidayer area but with medium - big dunes with sharp rise and fall, at the same time suitable for Newbies to learn and enjoy the medium dune range. Where I would like to have newbies, just in case we have our regular drivers this area is truly perfect for rushing your adrenaline and hone your desert driving controls. This area requires precise control as one moment you climb up with full throttle and second moment you crawl at low rev before hitting the gas again for sideways climbs. 

This drive is meant for newbie - fewbie level, only if we do not have any newbie drivers the level will be revised to a Fewbie + level.

Suhoor.jpg

When: 27 October 2017, Friday
Meeting time: 2 PM, convoy will move sharp at 2:15 PM
Where: Tawi Nizwa shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/KAZQNHFTjvj

Level of drive: Either Newbie or Fewbie + depending on convoy level
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
Plan: Afternoon drive from Tawi Nizwa to Iftar Bowl and enjoy some snacks together.
What to bring along: Evening snacks,, whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7 PM, 27 October 2017, Friday

List your name and mobile number in this drive thread and RSVP the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 2

Awesome choice of route sirji for me to enjoy the sweep duties after one million light years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

once again my sixth sense worked.. i was thinking about this area and Rahim Bhai will post this drive.. and you did it...

I had done this area once in Ramadan month and Gaurav Bhai was leading us.. since then i was a waiting for someone to post this area again. Thank you Rahim Bhai i am inn...

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

@Asif Hussain you're reading our minds. Should we be scared.

no worries Rahim Bhai i will stop thinking...😁😁😁

Edited by Asif Hussain
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Asif Hussain said:

no worries Rahim Bhai i will stop thinking...😁😁😁

Don't stop, keep thinking, please. This tells us that someone out of us can actually foresee the future......!

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Wow @NOOR OMAR what a breathtaking video. Although the drone shot was a bit shaky, maybe due to the high winds but the overall video made the hair stand.

I guess this is a good time to post the trip report. This was 1 of the trips we enjoyed so much that we had to continue on the Saturday. We all met on time and we deflated and headed in. We drove by the fence for less than 3 kilometers before taking on the dunes. The convoy level being very experienced we drove at a fewbie+ level.

We drove at a good pace through some fairly small to medium dunes and headed through 2 of the 3 pyramids to approach Iftar bowl at sunset. One by one we tried climbing the Iftar Bowl and failed as not only was the sand soft, but 3 bumps that broke the momentum badly. Only Noor was able to make it to the top. We heard One of our members was in trouble and headed to the back of Iftar Bowl which was not a pretty scene. The car had got a wall of a dune head on and after a little inspection the gear oil has leaked. With a lot of patience, coordination and some really hard work @Gaurav bhai we moved it to a flat and high ground. A pop-out also had to be fixed. Soon we realized that the car was not going to move on its own power and we could not pull it out due to the location we were in. Thanks to @shadow79 who had the idea of what was to be done. After removing the gear oil cooler we headed out locking the car.

Saturday we were back and drive in within no time for Saleem to make the necessary temporary fix. Pumping oil was another challenge as there was no was but to do it from under the car. We managed it just before sunset and headed out. Just adjusting stuff by the road side and the police shower up, so the police report was made within no time. We headed to inflate our tires at the Adnoc pump and headed back home. Thanks to Gaurav bhai for some awesome sandwiches on both days and Noor for some fireside sausages, sweet potato and corn. Until next time, stay safe and thank you for being family away from family.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use