•  

BU TAIS - Desert Drive

Asif Hussain

Lets head down south for a drive among the BU TAIS dunes.This will be a long drive about 2:00 +Hrs from Dubai via E311 before we reach there, followed by another 40 to 50kms (or more) of dunes.. so please be prepared.

This area has soft sand, huge dunes and massive bowls. They are difficult to enter due to their height, and one can only access them through "steps" strategy. Once on top they are fun to drive as all big dunes are inter-connected and offer broad ridge to ride..

When: 17th November, Friday 2017

Meeting time: 12:15PM, convoy will move sharp at 12:45 PM

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/qQZTTmnD7fD2  (Meeting point is near mosque, we will finish friday prayer and leave immediately)

Please Note, at meeting point there is no petrol station. The last refueling station is ADNOC AL Khatim (Abu Dhabi to Al Ain Highway) at this GPS coordinate:  https://goo.gl/maps/geGpKfBveSQ2  From this point we have to drive around 50kms to deflating point. It is recommended to carry extra fuel (10L of jerry can)

Level of drive: Fewbie - Intermediate - Expert - Advance

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance. Ensure your 4x4 is is in perfect condition and spare tyre in good condition. Carry all off road gears, recovery equipment, radio and flag is must.

What to bring along: Snacks, quick meal, whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn

Approximate finish time: 6:00 PM, 17th November, Friday 2017

RSVP the below calendar:

image.png

image.png

Edited by Asif Hussain
  • Like (+1) 3

Amazing choice @Asif Hussain looks promising.

@sertac seems to be a testing area. Your side is good and your skills are not so bad from what I've noticed on the previous drive. If you believe you are capable of handling medium to talk dunes you're most welcome to join. If you come and feel you are not ready for the challenge you can join one of us in our rides. What say?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

@sertac seems to be a testing area. Your side is good and your skills are not so bad from what I've noticed on the previous drive. If you believe you are capable of handling medium to talk dunes you're most welcome to join. If you come and feel you are not ready for the challenge you can join one of us in our rides. What say?

I want to try :) See you all friday.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

good initiative @Rahimdad...... @sertac you are most welcome to join us. please RSVP the above calender.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm all in with full support, excitement, peace of mind, energy, enthusiasm and all other bla bla bla. As tomorrow is the end of my roller coaster ride I have been through in last one month at work and really looking forward to chilling out with this nice drive.

Thank you, Asif Bhai for this lovely new area.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use