•  
Advertise here

Liwa Crossing - 1-2 Dec 2017

As this will be the first Liwa drive for Carnity, so we have to make it really memorable for all of us.

I have been to Liwa several times, with different off-roaders and clubs but never attempted the LIWA CROSSING.

So here is what I am planning: Drive across the Liwa desert in an expedition style drive by beating all odds against the time to cover 125 km in less than 8-10 hours. It is not a dune bashing regular drive, where we could chill and relax, instead, it's going to be a continuous off-road drive with 5 minutes break every hour and one lunch break of 30 mins max.

Every driver needs to be very careful and tactical to get the whole convoy moving as fast as possible. In case anyone gets stuck, try self-recovery for a minute or two, and then announce on the radio for quick help. If crested, announce if your car is front or back heavy so that nearest recovery vehicle can position himself quickly. Rest of the driver needs to jump out and help in the recovery process as fast as they can and get the whole convoy moving again with minimal downtime. It's the agility of the whole team and mobility of minds will eventually help us to complete this serious Liwa crossing in one day. Feel free to come up with more time-saving ideas and discuss it through.

This drive is not for the faint-hearted as Liwa terrain is very challenging and tiring. This requires the best of the driver and cars to mark this historic drive. So please sign up only if you are 100% confident. This drive requires a lot of dedication, discipline, and commitment to continue driving in rigorous off-road terrain and keep the convoy moving at all the times.

DRIVE IS LIMITED TO 7 CARS MAX

Date: 1 Dec 2017

Meeting point: Emarat fuel station after Dubai Outlet Mall - https://goo.gl/maps/kHV2yU2XFoT2

Meeting time: 4 PM, drive start after thorough vehicle and safety gear inspection

Reach campsite: 7:00 PM, refuel and pitch camp and have early dinner to sleep by 9 PM

Breakfast: 4 AM, 2 Dec 2017 and pack cars and start off-road drive by 5 AM

Deflation point: Adnoc Service at Al Quaa - Um Al Zomool Road - https://goo.gl/maps/RzQkMSNSZzK2

Lunch break: 12 PM - 12:30 PM - Somewhere in the middle of nowhere

Ending point: Adnoc Sevice at Hameem - https://goo.gl/maps/22mM8wuU9UR2

Finish by 6:00 PM - (hopefully, fingers crossed)

Checklist: Each and everything will be verified at Emarat petrol station meeting point before starting

• Your 4x4 should be well serviced and all lubes and fluid should be topped up
  • 20 Liter fuel jerry can
  • 20 Liter water can or equivalent water bottles
  • Air compressor, tow rope, 2 rated shackles, proper shovel, flag, jack and wooden plank
  • Fire extinguisher, first aid kit, radio with charger, mobile with car charger, emergency light/torch
  • Camp to sleep overnight, warm clothes, In case of emergency - contact number printed 
  • Enough food for 2-3 days for yourself and others to share - MUST
  • Cooking gas stove and required utensils along with all disposables plates and glasses
  • Dry food, energy bar, cookies, nuts, crisp to munch while driving
  • Stand-alone GPS unit or mobile GPS app that works offline (MotionX for IOS and Geo or GPS tracker for Android)
  • Keep checking this list, as it might grow further in coming days

Please RSVP on below calendar

Liwa crossing.JPG

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Wow Gaurav bhai. Excellent plan. In in with full support.

I guess we will have to be very selective in picking drivers we feel are ready for such a challenge. No offense to those who do not get selected this time. Just means you need a little more experience under your belt and we need to have more faith in your skills.

Very good point Sri, let's meet on this Friday drive and we can discuss and fine tune more details on dinner, breakfast and lunch planning for Liwa.

To whom it may concern it really doesn't mean that you are not in you can join and it will make the difference..the guys if you like to come and enhance the atmosphere  as passengers :-D are most welcome

21 hours ago, NOOR OMAR said:

Good evening to all .. thank you Gaurav for this amazing planning and wonderful challenge. I am all in fully excited.

As i live in Abu Dhabi, where i suppose to meet the convoy??

You can straight away meet at below campsite and deflation point at 7PM on 1st Dec. Just make sure that you are fully equipped with above checklist, as I will personally verify each car for all items and safety gears.

Adnoc Service at Al Quaa - Um Al Zomool Road - https://goo.gl/maps/RzQkMSNSZzK2

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Gaurav said:

You can straight away meet at below campsite and deflation point at 7PM on 1st Dec. Just make sure that you are fully equipped with above checklist, as I will personally verify each car for all items and safety gears.

Adnoc Service at Al Quaa - Um Al Zomool Road - https://goo.gl/maps/RzQkMSNSZzK2

even i will join you guys at campsite

gaurav bhai.... you had choosen excellent route and looks like real adventure... i am inn with full support

Edited by Asif Hussain

@Rahimdad @skumar83 @Asif Hussain @NOOR OMAR @shadow79

Guys, please list your fuel tank capacity and regular on-road and off-road mileage you get, to decide whether one jerry can is enough or your car requires two jerry can.

125 km in a straight line, can easily translate to 200+ km in the desert, so we got to prepare accordingly.

My Pajero has 60-liter tank that lasts for 350 - 450 km on-road OR 200 - 250 off-road (my best guess).

I'll be carrying one 20L + 10L spare fuel.

• Thanks (+1) 1