•  
Advertise here

What would you buy

GregBhoy

Hi all,

I am having a complete Dillema and thought I would reach out to other individuals for there thoughts...I need to buy a car but I really don't know what to get!! (or what i want) my budget is 120Kaed. my wife has an ford expedition for the kids and I have a two seater project car

I have looked at loads..Muscle cars, prestige etc...4x4. 

So as the title what would you buy???

Cheers

Greg

Before buying a muscle car, drive one for few days (rent a car) to be 100% sure that you will enjoy it thoroughly. If you are 6 feet tall then find a muscle or sports car that can accommodate you and your legs comfortably. I had Mustang for little over 2 years and as much as I loved its 5.0 V8 performance, I hated my knee hitting the dashboard every day.

With that much money in car kitty I'll jump for luxury segment (sedan / 4x4). That's exactly I am looking for one these days and waiting for good clean car since I sold my Mustang, a month back.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

22 minutes ago, GregBhoy said:

so who is the Dealers of Choice??? I have been burnt on Dubizzle.

so who is the trustworthy 2nd hand car dealers you would go to??

Sadly, none. I have burnt all my fingers with dealers, dubz and other places. Now strictly stick to the individual seller no matter what. It's been almost a month now without my daily driver, but I am happy to wait for a legit deal.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

My experience in working with cars here, trust nobody. Be savvy, do your homework, know the model of car your looking at, know the faults to look for. Always helps to have a tame pet mechanic friend to look at the car along with you and if they have an obd reader then all the better. Some people get funny when you ask to plug the car in and check the faults, that usually means they’re hiding something. 

• Like (+1) 1

That’s just bad luck that could happen to anyone chum. Really really shitty design by Porsche. There are kits now to fix the problem but you have to fix it before it starts, preventative maintenance that honestly should have been done as a manufacturer recall.

A big problem here is a lot of people who own nice cars aren’t enthusiasts. They just buy something as a status symbol or nice piece of furniture and drive it and drive it with minimal servicing and no regards to marque or model idiosyncrasies. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1