•  
Advertise here

New Lamborghini Urus

Barry

I'm not sure what to think, because in bad light, this thing could be mistaken for any number of BMW or Audi models. In fact, I have never believed that these types of vehicles can be called "off-road vehicles", since none of the manufacturers of these types of vehicles have any idea of what goes into an off-road vehicle. To my mind, they should all stick to what they do best- build high end, high performance, two seater super cars.

Edited by treks
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, treks said:

I'm not sure what to think, because in bad light, this thing could be mistaken for any number of BMW or Audi models. In fact, I have never believed that these types of vehicles can be called "off-road vehicles", since none of the manufacturers of these types of vehicles have any idea of what goes into an off-road vehicle. To my mind, they should all stick to what they do best- build high end, high performance, two seater super cars.

LM002 was focused on mainly offroad... and Lambo wanted to make something better than that and that's why urus is here... Urus is also a bit bigger than the lm002. After all, it used to be a tractor company!

Also, High-end SUVs got really expensive and there's really no much offense in mistaking it with one... Last time when I went to an MB showroom, GLE63 was 500k... not just that but majority of the 63s

eventually, Ferrari also should come up with this 'SUV' idea. I can already say this will be more common than the supercars.

One word, practicality. Sure, the majority of these pseudo off roaders will never go off road but you can comfortably seat 4 adults and have you ever tried to put a baby seat in the back of a GTC Lusso? 

Still, I'm not saying it was something I would buy if I had the money but they do serve their purpose and cater to a portion of the market.

Hard to believe that the Urus is bigger than the LM002. I saw a LM002 and it seemed like a beast. But, that's the way things are now. You never realize how big the new models are until they're parked beside the old one.

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

The Cullinan is in a different league from the usual high end pseudo 4x4s. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but the Urus, Bentayga and the more ordinary Cayenne and Q7 share the same platform but the Cullinan is a completely different bespoke spaceframe chassis. Would be interesting to see how the spaceframe chassis performs as in theory, it should be lighter and stronger but from that picture, the suspension needs some work as there seems to be a lot of body roll and unnecessary stress on the tyre sidewalls. 

This particular Rolls is probably the most boring hearse ever designed. But I suppose that for as long as there are rich people who have a need for status symbols, there will be cars like this on the road. 

Edited by treks

18 hours ago, Barry said:

The Cullinan is in a different league from the usual high end pseudo 4x4s. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but the Urus, Bentayga and the more ordinary Cayenne and Q7 share the same platform but the Cullinan is a completely different bespoke spaceframe chassis. Would be interesting to see how the spaceframe chassis performs as in theory, it should be lighter and stronger but from that picture, the suspension needs some work as there seems to be a lot of body roll and unnecessary stress on the tyre sidewalls. 

yup i was just telling that all the brands are into making SUVs.. it must have $400k+ sticker price... the urus must be just half of it