•  
Advertise here

Al Wagan Drive - 12 Jan 2018

On 08/01/2018 at 4:44 PM, Asif Hussain said:

most awaited drive post.. i am inn and i will be joining at camping point.. 

there is no sign in for night camping... even i will join you guys in morning

Due to some unavoidable family commitment, I can't camp tonite, so will see you all in the morning.

Please be on time.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

"Al Wagan Drive" this was my best drive and the memories of every momemt will remain in my mind forever...
Gaurav Bhai, hats off to you, the strech of those technical dunes and starfish shaped dunes you took us was breathtaking and your pace to reach the pyramid shaped dune is something i cant explain and me behind you was really challenging.. Time did not permit us to explore this area more and we should definitely do this area again shortly in coming weeks and plan for 2days. Thank you all @Gaurav @Rahimdad @skumar83 @shadow79 @Mujtaba 

Geo-Tracker-2018-01-13-17-01-43.png

20180113_170037.png

Edited by Asif Hussain
  • Like (+1) 1

Truly one of the best drives that we have had in Carnity. It had everything one can imagine, huge bowls, massive tall dunes giving us ample opportunities for side sloping, technical dunes and most importantly, absolute beautiful virgin dunes. Big thanks to gaurav for leading us through this amazing terrain and also to Rahim Bhai for the sweep duties to ensure the convoy was moving continuously at the necessary pace. Ofcourse this drive would not have been what it was without the entire team's effort to ensure a smooth and fast paced drive.

Absolutely loved it!!

Look forward to more trips to this area 

• Like (+1) 1

For the first time in forever I do not have the words or even where to start. Whether it was the excitement of getting up early on a weekend, or the preparation, or the jorney to get there, or the warm hugs before the drive to invigorate us, the deflation, the immaculate planning and execution of the plans, or being awe struck at every turn, this drive had it all.

Leaving the boring stuff out we just loved every moment from the time we stepped into the soft stuff. The best part was one of the farmers walked up to us at deflation point to ask us if we were OK and if he could help in any way. Wow, perfect start. Even though we were just deflating and planning but the huge heart for him to walk over and offer his help started my trip on the perfect note. For the first few kilometers Gaurav bhai was being cautious and driving us from one end to the next to cross over to the other side safely, but after the first half an hour he decided we would have to go against the slip face a few times if we wanted to be on schedule. As we covered the slip faces the depth and the beauty of the desert left us wanting more. About mid day we stopped to evaluate our plan for Friday prayers, we came out, offered our prayers and had a lot of good options for lunch, so we saved some for dinner. After prayers we could not wait to go back in and a slightly different route and some persuasion to open the fence have us quick access to where we left off.

Of we had fun in the morning we were in for a huge surprise For the second half. As we drive deeper we came across some huge virgin dunes which quickly became our playground. The best thing was as soon as we left one we would drive into the next huge clean play area. It was like having Big Red, Faya, Iftar Bowl, Fossil Rock and Pink Rocks all one behind the other. Which ever way we chose we were only blessed by the best. As the sun was coming down we raced to the sand pyramids only to find a fence, but the day was so good to us that Asif bhai was standing right on the track with the break in the fence. We quickly drive to it and took some pics to our hearts content. With very little light left we headed back out, had the leftover lunch as our dinner and eventually inflated and drive back to our homes.

I have tried my level best to give a feel of the drive and I'm sure Gaurav bhai will post his trademark videos, but nothing beats the feeling of being there and experiencing it first hand. Thank you to Asif bhai and Sri for starting the Wagan craze, to Gaurav bhai for the excellent lead, to Sri for being a huge helping hand with the sweep duties, to Saleem for pushing us to our boundries, to Mujtaba for his participation. It was indeed an awesome day out with some out of this world people. Until next time signing off. BTW for 36 hours I felt I was climbing a dune even when I was trying to sleep.

• Like (+1) 3