•  

Absolute newbie drive - Pink rock - 5 Jan 2018

Gaurav

It’s time to have  an absolute newbie easy and relaxing drive.  Idea is to make newbie comfortable with sand off-roading and in some of the most approachable set of dunes in Tawi Nizwa side.

All experienced members are requested to join in helping newbies by imparting their sand expertise.

When: 5 Jan 2018
Meeting time: 12:45 PM, convoy will move sharp at 1:00 PM
Where: Tawi Nizwa shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/KKBUhkQ2y382

Level of drive: All are welcome
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
Plan: Easy drive from Tawi Nazwa to Pink rock and relax with snacks, bbq, drinks and chat.
What to bring along: Loads of snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 6 PM

medium.DSC_2808.jpg.b87a240f4a722dbe7cab23e906679e89.jpg

Please RSVP the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I'm back in town this weekend. Will need to check my car as I have been away for a month, if all is fine, I will see you all at 12:45 pm.

Happy New Year to all.

Edited by Richard Mellish
Double answer
  • Like (+1) 2

Great video and initiative ! We went camping with a few friends near the Akoya project but had to stay near the road because my buddy had issues with the 4WD activation on his Avalanche. Unfortunately this area is flooded with garbage and muppets on quads who are racing through the whole night. Nowadays we need to go pretty deep in the desert to find a really quiet spot i am afraid.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

After such a brilliant video from Gaurav bhai, my words might not strike a cord, but here goes.

It was a nice cool afternoon and after offering my Friday prayers I headed straight to Tawi Nizwa shops. As soon as the head count was completed we head to the deflation point. Thank you Gaurav bhai for trusting me with the lead. So we had the driver's briefing which seemed effective with healthy 2 way discussions. It was a pleasure to see Emmanuel and Ishaq as our new comers and Richard for his second time but this time in his Disco 1. It brought back a lot of good old memories as I had one for 5 years.

We started easy and everybody managed well, so we picked up the level gradually till we reached the play area on Pink Rocks. Everybody experienced had a good time testing their rides, while the newbies picked on some nice tips and tricks. We than headed to the other side teaching the sunset point within no time. Upon the question being asked whether they wanted to stop for snake or later, unanimously agreed to leave snacks right to the end, so was the enthusiasm of the group.

So we descended from the sunset point only to hit some high dunes on the way to Big Red. It was not that easy a terrain but I tried keeping it as simple as I could. I was surprised that everybody managed so well with the help of Sree and Gaurav in the sweep. I must admit, without the confidence of having a capable sweep team I could not have lead the way I did. As we reached the Big Red I safely negotiated the convoy from the back of Big Red to the front where all the action was taking place. While Gaurav bhai was racing to the top of Big Red to get some awesome clicks, we settled in and laid the snacks and drinks on the table. After all the sights and sounds of a truly live place and filled with some awesome snacks, we headed to the inflation spot and headed back out.

It was special moment as we voted for the best newbie and Ishaq ended up winning after a close fight. It was a well organized drive and my first time to have Saleem as my second lead and Sartac keeping the convoy together in the middle. Well done everyone and till next time I bid you farewell.

• Like (+1) 7

Important Information

Terms of use