•  

Newbie fewbie drive in Al Awir 2 Feb

Rahimdad

What a year we have had at Carnity with some amazing drives and memories to cherish. But once the sand bug has bitten you, you just can't stay away from all the action. Eventually we all want to learn and explore more. As I was contemplating the area we should use as we already covered Maliha, Kalba, Tawi Nazwa, Bidayer where new can we take our newbies and Fewbies this time. After a lot of thinking it is the one area we have not touched on the whole of last year, Al Awir.

So everyone of all levels is most welcome to join to enjoy some small to medium dunes and polish their skills in this easy area. Newbies and Fewbies will have great chance to see and learn the real fun that off-roading offers in a very safe and organized environment. Level May be changed upon convoy level.

When: 2 February 2018
Meeting time: 1230 pm, convoy will move about 1 pm
Where: Mosque right after the Am Awir Roundabout

GPS Coordinate: 

BAB AL RAYHAN CAFETERIA
Dubai-Hatta Rd - Dubai
050 169 6365

https://goo.gl/maps/R8r3egqV8E12

Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie - All are welcome
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 7 pm
What to bring along: Loads of snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7 pm

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 3

Very good choice of area sirji, it will remind a lot of age-old memory of very first area to offroad back in those days. It must be more than 5-6 years I have visited this long forgotten playground.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Truly its been a while since |I have been in Al Awir and it seemed a bit new to me on entrance, but once we were passed a few new roads and villas it was the same simple desert place I was used to with the usual tracks. It is perfect place to introduce Newbies to the sands and gain their confidence as mostly tracks passing through quite a scenic desert. All for the exception of a few dunes with some soft sands that needs precise navigation. From what I saw I was impressed that all the newbies did very well and more pleasing is the more seasoned ones who kept the patience in such a terrain and kept the convoy moving at an amazing pace.

We had a little niggle with one of the vehicles 4WD selector shift, after going under the car also we were not able to figure out where the linkage was under the vehicle. Luckily with 4 low the car was not immobilized and he kept the convoy moving and helped in any way he could to keep the convoy safe and steady. At one time we found tracks and were moving at a very good pace when a fence presented itself, keen eyes of Asif and Gaurav bhai spotted a track that lead to a break in the fence and we were out. Yet the center barrier on the road kept us from crossing over. So we started driving towards an underpass that would give us access to the other side. Soon we came to a spot with a gap in the barrier which was sealed with some cones and plastic barriers with sand filled in them, they were difficult to move, but with some team effort we were able to make way and soon we found ourselves on the other side.

With about 23 Kms to reach Fossil Rocks I followed Gaurav Bhai's advise to follow a path and made it a good 10 Kms in about 15 minutes, but just than we got into a dune with really soft sand and all but one vehicle got stuck in a very bad way. slowly but surely we got it out of the situation and by that time it was too late and the sun had already started to set. With natural light still left and everybody feeling hungry we stopped over for some snacks and drinks. By the time we finished our little picnic it was time to pack up and leave. By this time it was dark and everybody with their night lights had the covers off and ready to go. Keeping in mind the safety of everyone we had a short driver's brief to make them aware of what to expect in the dark and we were off. Luckily we found a track that took us out on Mahafiz Road and we were headed to the closest Adnoc pump.

Technical help arrived soon at the pump in the shape of Saleem with his handyman to  sort out the effected vehicle, around midnight we were sorted out and on our way back home. Special thanks goes out to everyone who participated with full enthusiasm and delicious food, 8 cars, but we missed Basel. Until next time this is your host Rahimdad signing off.

• Like (+1) 4

A very sincere thanks to the complete team with Gaurav Bhai, Rahimdad Bhai and Asif Bhai's unparalleled support and guidance. In spite of being newbie it was a cake walk at every instance. Appreciate the way every minute details are executed in a organized way.. Happy off roading !!!

• Like (+1) 3

I like to welcome three newbies to the Carnity offroad club: Aref, Prakash and Vinod. All of them drove very well and had lot of patience and understanding to follow the brief for safe off-roading.

Thanks to my limited memory chip, I completely forgot this area and it was like totally new area for me after several years of break. It was something different and had the perfect mix of all terrain for the newbies. We had 2 cars, with really low bumpers and to my surprise, both of them managed very well and exited with the same bumper in place. Special thanks to Rahim bhai lead to keep everyone safe and we manage to finish drive with just one stuck in 5-6 hours.

It's always good to meet new faces and exchange different cuisines at the end, that makes any drive complete with social touch and knowing each other.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use