•  
Advertise here

Honda civic noise / tire noise

rollodxb

Hi guys,

I drive a 2009 Honda civic and the cabin noise at high speeds is deafening me.  Could someone who drives a civic please let me know if you have a similar feeling. Is it because of the tires?  Please recommend tires which have minimum noise with good comfort.

thanks

Did you change the tires recently, and did the noise start soon, or immediately after you changed the tires? 

However, I doubt that the tires are the problem. For the most part, modern tires are really quiet, unless of course, you got these tires really, really cheaply?

It's because of the car, these vehicles are not built to offer you smooth and quite wafting rides but more on the economical transport side of things. I rode a newish camry a while back and the road noise was terrible, then there s my neighbor with a one year old Lancer who keeps complaining about wind noise over 100. Sorry bud you'll have to live with it. Get the smoothest road tyres you can, stick some insulation in the door gaps and hope for the best.

You can also find the hole in the firewall that opens in cabin footwell area and stick that hole with temporary insulation / sound proofing sheet. I did that same in my Pajero and road noise (espcially engine noise) reduced by 50% at least.

Usually, that firewall hole is provided to pass the wires from engine bay to cabin. Remove front side carpet and look around for some hole with wires coming from engine bay.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use