•  

Newbie fewbie drive Pink Rocks 23 Feb

Rahimdad

It’s time to have an absolute newbie easy and relaxing drive again. The idea is to make newbie comfortable with sand off-roading and in some of the most approachable set of dunes in Tawi Nizwa side.

All experienced members are requested to join in helping newbies by imparting their sand expertise.

When: 23 Feb 2018
Meeting time: 6:30 AM, convoy will move sharp at 6:45 AM
Where: Tawi Nizwa shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/KKBUhkQ2y382

Level of drive: All are welcome
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
Plan: Easy drive from Tawi Nazwa to Pink rock and relax with snacks, bbq, drinks and chat.
What to bring along: Loads of snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11 AM

medium.DSC_2808.jpg.b87a240f4a722dbe7cab23e906679e89.jpg

Please RSVP the below calendar

• Like (+1) 5

Nice place to learn how to drive off-road. We had our desert training sessions last year in this area. 

Got some family commitment this weekend so will be unable to make it. But will definitely make it for the next drive.

Drive safe.

It was absolutely amazing drive. While we are on the drive we changed our mind to finish to fossil rock instead of Big Red. That decision made our day. First we went to Pink Rock, after that we head to Faya. I went to Faya for the first time. I really start to understand why @shadow79 is always want to go Faya :D We all managed to reach to top even one of them was having 4 cylinder car. After faya we head to Fossil Rock which is my favorite spot in the all UAE. Also we all made to pass the rocks and downhill.

Everyone did great. Our newbies showed us how improved their self. Without any stuck we passed 50km drive in the desert. 

• Like (+1) 4

Thank you Sertac for the brief on our drive, yet I would like to add my own version.

The morning was a brilliant choice, specially with some cloud cover which made a long drive very pleasurable. Beside a delay in start we headed to the Tawi Nizwa farms where after deflation and driver brief we started of an easy patch this time we just headedin to a patch which was a bit soft and quite a few bowls, We just played on top of the dunes and made it to Pink Rocks, as usual we had our play time. While at the play area i gave a choice to the group if they would like to head to Big Red or Faya and Fossil Rocks, the quick decision was to head to Faya and Fossil Rocks, and off we went.

We crossed over to the other side and every one performed so well that we reached the opposite side of Faya within no time. As Sertac already mentioned there were zero stucks, just a few refusals which were managed in a very timely manner. At this point we had another short discussion where unanimously all decided to head to Faya first and then to Fossil Rocks. As soon as we reached Faya everyone anted to try to reach Faya from the front, whcih none of us was able to do, I decided to show them the cheat route where Sertac and Emmanuel were able to reach the top, but Vinod and myself decided to take another easier route from the back as 4 cylinder is just a littel under powered. After a few refusals from the back we all made it to the top and were treated to a magnificent view. Time to move to Fossil Rocks.

To my surprise these new comers are fast learners and managed very well to reach Faya to Fossil Rocks in just over 20 minutes. The decent from Fossil Rocks is very steep and requires a brief after which we all tried our hands at this challenge. Once again everyone followed the instructions well and we all reached the bottom of Fossil Rocks safely and thrilled with this experience. While on the way out from our normal route we came across a Land Cruiser Truck stuck, so we all headed towards him to check if he needs help, but he claimed that it was due to not deflating, so we finally headed out and inflated at the Adnoc Station close by.

Over 50 kms completed in about 4 hours and 30 minutes, an amazing feat when you think couple of these guys have only been on their very few outings with us. Great patience, spirit, execution of instructions and convoy discipline. Thank you @sertac, @EmVarlet, @vinod krisna murty for their participation, i now pronounce you Fewbie plus level, except for Sertac who is already at an advanced level.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It was a fanastic and unforgettable drive which would remain my all time favourite.. quick decisions, change in plans, good convoy speed, 3 beautiful places and lots of adventure and fun.. in spite of me being spoiler for delaying the drive which i regret for, the patience and support extended by the complete team is unparalleled.. one and all thanks to the entire team for this memorable drive !!! 

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Vinod Krishna Murthy you have a wonderful spirit and you're a good team player. Good to have you on board and looking forward to many such adventures. Surprised with the generous power and torque produced by you 2.7 on 4 cylinders.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use