•  
Advertise here

Hi every one,

First of all i should thank the Carnity Offroad Team for taking me to the desert with the wonderful convey and sending me back with improved skills and knowledge of offroading.

When i had been to this newbie drive with carnity off-road team, i felt ok with my car performance, but i felt to fix the 3-issues before going to the next drive at the primary stage. 

1. Lifting the Car suspension for more clearance.

2. Fixing the Recovery Hooks for Front and rear ( though it has assembling kind of hooks-screws).

3. Skid Plates below the Engine.

1. The first one i get it done by lifting it for 2'' at Sharjah, so i can feel bit safe on my front bumper. And i can feel the same quality of ride as before. But for skid plates and recovery hooks i have inquired with some shops, they were not much confident about fixing these things and the price they were asking was really high, so can some one kindly suggest that where i can fix these Tow hooks and Skid plate. And is there any other ways that i can use the rope/thread fixed to the bolt or plate.

When i searched it online i found something as attached. Kindly refer me a shop, if some body knows in Sharjah or somewhere.

Thanks.

Prakash

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-25 at 12.25.59 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-25 at 12.25.59 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-25 at 12.25.59 PM (1).jpeg

Hi @Prakashs 

First i have to tell; (this is my opinion maybe others will think different) I dont think it will worth the spend money on 2014 cherokee. It is road car more than proper off roader. But as i see you like your Jeep and want to go with it. So i can suggest you to go and talk with @shadow79 Saleem. He is the one taking care of most of our vehicles.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Ace hardware sells really nice rated tow hooks in 50-100 AED, you can go to awir, rashidiya, al quoz and get them mounted from any car workshop that has fabricating capabilities. Please don't go with those ebay hooks you posted, it's maybe for looks only or for dragging cars on the tarmac. In offroad, 2 ton vehicle become 3-6 ton easily when buried in the sand so you really need good strong tow points, either bolted or welded to the chassis.

For skid plate (less urgent topic) you can discuss your option with the same fabricator and they can custom make one within 200-500 AED depending on size and material you opt for.

@sertac Saleem is good for the mechanical job and not for such fabrication job as his neighbor garage for fabricating, denting and painting needs is a complete rip-off with the shaby workmanship. He spoiled my Pajero bash plate brutally in attempt to alter it to fit after winch plate add-on and then charged me exorbitant amount too. I highly don't recommend him anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Prakashs you could also consider removing the lower end of your front bumper. It would help in the clearance and improve your approach angle. We had a member in our earlier drives who used to drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015 model. After the first drive he had removed the lower part of his front bumper with all the plastic guards and it got a much better clearance.

• Like (+1) 1