•  
Advertise here

What does black particle in water while floooring means?

Gaurav

Just found one super clean low mile RR and while flooring the throttle on idle some tiny black particles came out of exhaust with water droplet. Check attached.

I know presence of water droplets is good sign but what is this black soluble particle floating in water. Btw it was after engine has reached its idle temp and not when cold. And also there was no black or white smoke appeared while flooring.

Please advise

20180226_172125.jpg

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

might be carbon in the exhaust system touch the inner side of the exhaust if its coated with this black powder..usually this happens when the combustion process is not fully burning the fuel in the chamber could point to bad o2 sensor calculations or bad air calculation sensor (air flow sensor) or bad spark plugs...or probably failing ignition coil...bad injectors...or a choked up air filter...or i could be dreaming @Barry what do you think...?

Thanks, Saleem apparently car has full-service history from Al Tayer and clocked 93K kms, it's actually owned by Al Tayer staff. Car idle was also smooth and no sign of missing or whatever you are referring to incomplete combustion process, at least from outside and from exhaust note. Car has been driven by wifey for last two years as a school run and since 2 months sitting idle as wifey got the newer RR.

Am I correct to assume, if the car has never been pushed lately then carbon deposit will only pop-out when we floor the pedal at 4-5k otherwise there was no spotting.....? And after the first gush of water and black soot, there was nothing came out even after 10 consecutive tries.

drive it and see if it smooth shifts at 2k rpm and keep an ear open for any abnormal sounds and after the drive open the bonnet and press the radiator pipe and see if the pipe is bulging with pressure or is fine...while at idle open the oil fill cap and feel if there is too much air pressure coming out of it...

Just now, Barry said:

Yaar it’s just soot. I wouldn’t worry too much about it as long as there’s no black smoke. 

There is no smoke or not even the fuel fumes as I was sitting next to exhaust at 4k RPM in indoor warehouse.

Short trips in city driving conditions will often cause some soot to build up in the exhaust. As @Barry said, this is nothing to worry about as long as there is no smoke of any kind coming from the exhaust.