•  
Advertise here

Million Dhs Range Rover for the lucky 999 people

Jeh

Land Rover revealed a limited-edition two-doors coupe version, to celebrate the 70th anniversary of Range Rover. Only 999 examples will be built, and they will be hand assembled by the brand’s Special Vehicle Operations. It has a wood-trimmed centre console running the length of the cabin, completed with leather armrests for both front and rear passengers seats. The SV Coupé has a digital display and an infotainment screen from Velar. There is a full range of options that the Range Rover can offer, including the two-tone leather-free and trims. A powerful petrol V8 engine with around 550hp comes on SV Coupé.

5a9f955adeb47_(1).png.5d9aaf2cdb9498ba0a6c2c88e900f941.png

I think its pretty snazzy looking and RR going back to its roots with a 2 door

Although 990 of them are going end up with Al Ain user cars in Aweer. 

P.S : Jeh are you member over at the LRO fb group? I just posted this there yesterday morning. Perhaps just a coincidence.

2 hours ago, desertdude said:

I think its pretty snazzy looking and RR going back to its roots with a 2 door

Although 990 of them are going end up with Al Ain user cars in Aweer. 

P.S : Jeh are you member over at the LRO fb group? I just posted this there yesterday morning. Perhaps just a coincidence.

Hi,

Nope am not a member of any group on FB cos i dont have a FB account. ;-)

I follow lot of Range Rover news so this automatically popped up in my Google Now feed. 

Edit: Also snazzy doesn't justify that interior... The interior of that car is pure hot s@x .. its like looking at a t@pless supermodel lying on beach! :-P

Edited by Jeh

6 hours ago, Jeh said:

Land Rover revealed a limited-edition two-doors coupe version, to celebrate the 70th anniversary of Range Rover. Only 999 examples will be built, and they will be hand assembled by the brand’s Special Vehicle Operations. It has a wood-trimmed centre console running the length of the cabin, completed with leather armrests for both front and rear passengers seats. The SV Coupé has a digital display and an infotainment screen from Velar. There is a full range of options that the Range Rover can offer, including the two-tone leather-free and trims. A powerful petrol V8 engine with around 550hp comes on SV Coupé.

5a9f955adeb47_(1).png.5d9aaf2cdb9498ba0a6c2c88e900f941.png

Meh. It's just another Range Rover that carries a ton of overly complicated electronics. 

It is nice. But IMO, the price tag is unjustified. 

@treks I used to think they were complicated but after working on them, they aren’t too bad. Sure, there’s a lot of systems, probably too many, but when you isolate them and understand how the components affect each other it really isn’t too bad. Not saying it’s reliable because it isn’t. The more stuff there is, the more can go wrong. 

I started my career working on computer and electronic based cars so it comes naturally to me. The first time I was presented with an old car with no spark, old school distributor with a set of points a few years later I told my foreman it was too complicated. I had never seen it in my life. His exact words were “It’s not complicated, you just don’t understand it”. That has stuck with me ever since. If you don’t know, go and learn it and you’ll be better for it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Similar-ish kinda story here. I find range rovers easy to work on, my L322 has shitty access to sone components on the engine but other than that is all good.

But for the life of me I cant rebuild a distributor or figure out how to adjust or fix a carburetor! 

P.S : Not too sure about the black rear seats and the Ivory front ones. Look kinda odd

5 hours ago, Barry said:

It is nice. But IMO, the price tag is unjustified. 

@treks I used to think they were complicated but after working on them, they aren’t too bad. Sure, there’s a lot of systems, probably too many, but when you isolate them and understand how the components affect each other it really isn’t too bad. Not saying it’s reliable because it isn’t. The more stuff there is, the more can go wrong. 

I started my career working on computer and electronic based cars so it comes naturally to me. The first time I was presented with an old car with no spark, old school distributor with a set of points a few years later I told my foreman it was too complicated. I had never seen it in my life. His exact words were “It’s not complicated, you just don’t understand it”. That has stuck with me ever since. If you don’t know, go and learn it and you’ll be better for it. 

Maybe it's because I understand how different systems interact and depend on each other, that I think Range Rovers are overly complicated. For instance, why does it need more than two hundred fuses? 

Nonetheless, I am lucky in the sense that I started my career with old school distributors, points, condensers, and carburetors. I must admit though, that learning first OBD I and later OBD II was a steep learning curve, but as you say, once you understand the basics of electronics, diagnostics is largely a walk in the park.