•  
Advertise here

Cars available in your home country that aren’t sold in UAE

Barry

It was a real culture shock for me when I first arrived in UAE. I recognised all the brands but I had never seen the majority of the models before. My wife still mocks me for getting excited the first time I saw a FJ Cruiser. 

So please post some models of cars from your own country that aren’t available here. 

Ill start you off with a couple from UK. Vauxhall Corsa and Vauxhall Vectra, rebadged as Opel in the rest of Europe, a subsidiary of GM. Extremely common, run of the mill at home but I’ve never seen either here. 

CBEE5C56-DED5-47B2-937F-D79CF10476D7.jpeg

C68123BF-080B-48B5-9DB1-754FF1C0D623.jpeg

I am missing the hot hatch culture here. Ok there are some available hot hatch but the culture is not there. Most probably because of tight traffic rules. 

Peugeot 106 GTI (my biggest love)

qGQg0d.jpg

Peugeot 208 GTI(there is only 1.6 auto available in UAE not the manuel THP engine :( ) 

0EWPXZ.jpg

Vw Polo GTI

G9Wq7r.jpg

Seat Ibiza Cupra

Rn8aA7.jpg

There are more and more but if i start the write about what is not available it will take too long. 

Wow I love that old Mitsubishi! I’ve seen a few old Suzuki’s in Al Awir with similar stying but I can’t remember the model so no pics. 

Heres another from Ireland. Daihatsu Fourtrak. They’re old but they still make silly money second hand. Farmers love them. The off road ability of a land rover but a bit more comfort. I remember my aunt had one. She let me borrow it to take a girl for a date. I was around 17-18 at the time. First time I realised a 4x4 in 2wd mode could do donuts or drive on 2 wheels. 

BFDC8B1F-31D1-4719-B014-E86319C3E79E.jpeg

3 hours ago, Barry said:

Wow I love that old Mitsubishi! I’ve seen a few old Suzuki’s in Al Awir with similar stying but I can’t remember the model so no pics. 

Heres another from Ireland. Daihatsu Fourtrak. They’re old but they still make silly money second hand. Farmers love them. The off road ability of a land rover but a bit more comfort. I remember my aunt had one. She let me borrow it to take a girl for a date. I was around 17-18 at the time. First time I realised a 4x4 in 2wd mode could do donuts or drive on 2 wheels. 

BFDC8B1F-31D1-4719-B014-E86319C3E79E.jpeg

These are or were at least quite common in the UAE, known as the Daihatsu Feroza, you do see them mostly in the Northern or East Coast Emirates Kinda legendary now and demand a pretty penny if one does come for sale.