•  
Advertise here

The movie club

Barry

The only movie I watched recently was Black Panther and found it meh at best. The crappiest Marvel Hero movie till date, taking the title away from Iron Man 3

• Like (+1) 1

I read the reviews of black panther and they were enough for me not to want to watch it.

last movie I saw in the cinema was a quiet place. Good movie, 7.5/10 but I swore that was the last time I would ever watch a movie in the cinema. The people sitting next to us talked and talked to the point where I had enough and turned round to them and said shut the f up, if you want to talk go outside and do it. There is zero cinema etiquette here. And the food is expensive a f. 30 dhs for unbaked nachos? I'd rather watch at home on my massive 32 inch screen and enjoy my home made ice cream. 

• Like (+1) 1

32" inches .. Massive! Lol Barry you need to get with the times. Specially when TVs are so cheap!!! We are in the age where 42-55inches is the norm. 

Anyways I love going to the cinema but avoid weekend rushes for thr same reasons so its usually weekday late shows where its quite and almost empty. Usually let the first week go when most have already watched it. 

P.S : Watch A Time To Kill with Sammy Jackson. If you havent watched it. 

• Like (+1) 1

P.P.S : Also avoid cinemas within the city like Deira City Center and festival city. Even when I was living in Sharjah I would go to Ibn Batuta at that time it was away from big population and very few went there, now it has also gotten busy over the weekends but still better than the ones in the city.

• Like (+1) 1

The 32” thing was a joke. I’m stuck in a partition now and that’s the biggest screen I can fit at the end of my bed. Actively looking for a studio apartment now so hopefully we can get a bigger screen and some proper speakers. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Barry said:

And the food is expensive a f. 30 dhs for unbaked nachos?

Smuggle your own food and water in a backpack or your GF's handbag..No need to buy expensive food at the cinemas ;) 

It works for me..   😎

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Jeh said:

Smuggle your own food and water in a backpack or your GF's handbag..No need to buy expensive food at the cinemas ;) 

It works for me..   😎

LOL reminds me of the good old days, when Al Nasr cinema was one of the few cinemas showing new English films and ticket was only 9dhs. Right on the entrance was Al Nasr Cinema Cafeteria. We used to buy a big bag of chips, as chips were sold inside the cinema and then buy sandwiches and burgers, empty out the chips and stuff our loot into the big chips bag and walk right in, and if anyone asked we would tell them we just bought them from inside

• Like (+1) 1

Looking forward to this one coming out. Been a massive Queen fan since I was old enough to select the tape and put it in the hifi system myself. Remember tapes? Rami Malek is the man for the job. Was originally supposed to be Sacha Baron Cohen but he tried to make too many changes to the movie.

• Like (+1) 1

Been reading about this for a while, first time I saw pics of Rami as Freddie my jaw dropped! A perfect fit.

Although does remind one how shitty and difficult it was to record, mix and master songs when the process was fully analogue and on tape! 

• Like (+1) 1