•  
Advertise here

The movie club

Barry

Most of the series I listed are in Netflix. 

What genre would you like to watch? I could recommend something based on genre

Edited by Javier M
  • Like (+1) 2

On 5/28/2018 at 9:46 PM, Barry said:

Looking forward to this one coming out. Been a massive Queen fan since I was old enough to select the tape and put it in the hifi system myself. Remember tapes? Rami Malek is the man for the job. Was originally supposed to be Sacha Baron Cohen but he tried to make too many changes to the movie.

Well I finally caved in and watched it, it was an ok one time watch, holes and all but Rami as freddy made it worth it and also discovering Freddie Mercury reincarnated aka Marc Martel man just close your eyes and is Freddie back from the dead !

• Like (+1) 1

It’s a good movie if you like queen but aren’t a die hard fan otherwise you’ll spot the holes. Entertaining though. Rami is a fantastic actor. 

Ive seen Marc Martel on my recommended feed a few times. He’s got the voice down. His jaw is scarily Freddie looking too. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Barry said:

It’s a good movie if you like queen but aren’t a die hard fan otherwise you’ll spot the holes. Entertaining though. Rami is a fantastic actor. 

Ive seen Marc Martel on my recommended feed a few times. He’s got the voice down. His jaw is scarily Freddie looking too. 

I'm not a die hard Queen fan per say but am from the time when Freddie was alive and when Queen were still in the charts. I loved their videos watching them on Chart Atack with Simon Potter. It's a kind of Magic was one of my favourites videos  

In fact I clearly remember watching Live Aid, Channel 33 dubai broadcast it live and my elder brother recording it on our VCR! (probably showing my age here!) The famine in Africa was really a big thing it was in the papers and news all the time, so we did our part by watching the concert! Hey I was kid what else could do! lol

I also remember the day when gulf news Tabloid had a full page Pic of Freddie Mercury. The head line read Freddy Mercury is dead.

So watching this kinda brought back some memories from childhood and early teens. It wasn't just another story but something that I remember experiencing first hand, sorta. 

P.S : Extreme also did a great set of Queen hits medley at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert and is really worth a watch. I would say my second best live performance after Queen at live aid.

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Barry said:

His jaw is scarily Freddie looking too. 

Also his nose is also exactly like Freddie's. Probably thats what gives him that same resonance and timbre

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 1

Given the demographics on this site, I'm surprised none have mentioned 'Black Mirror' as a recommended series. Interesting takes on technology and its effects on social issues.

If you have short attention span (aka no time to invest in a long series) and is interested in the dark side of technology, I would recommend this as each episodes are stand alone/anthology (or are they?).

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Keithryan said:

Given the demographics on this site, I'm surprised none have mentioned 'Black Mirror' as a recommended series. Interesting takes on technology and its effects on social issues.

If you have short attention span (aka no time to invest in a long series) and is interested in the dark side of technology, I would recommend this as each episodes are stand alone/anthology (or are they?).

I totally forgot about it. you are totally right its a good series. And also the movie Bandersnatch

• Like (+1) 1

1. Gone Girl
  2. Seven
  3. Nocturnal Animals
  4. Side Effects
  5. Looper
  6. True Story
  7. Annihilation 
  8. The Road
  9. John Wick
  10. the equalizer
  11. Gangs of New York
  12. American Hustle
  13. Gerard's Game
  14. Oldboy
  15. Happy
  16. The taking of Pelham 123
  17. Town
  18. Savages
  19. Small Crimes
  20. Lone Survivor
  21. Shooter
  22. Zero dark thirty
  23. Black hawk down
  24. Defiance
  25. 13 Hours
  26. The punisher (The series, not the movie)
  27. the sinner
  28. Ozark
  29. the hurt locker
  30. Pulp fiction
  31. Mercury Rising 
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Javier M said:
  1. Gone Girl - Seen 
  2. Seven - Seen 
  3. Nocturnal Animals
  4. Side Effects - Seen 
  5. Looper - Seen 
  6. True Story 
  7. Annihilation 
  8. The Road
  9. John Wick - Seen
  10. the equalizer - Seen 
  11. Gangs of New York - Seen 
  12. American Hustle - Seen 
  13. Gerard's Game 
  14. Oldboy
  15. Happy
  16. The taking of Pelham 123
  17. Town - Seen 
  18. Savages
  19. Small Crimes
  20. Lone Survivor - Seen 
  21. Shooter - Seen 
  22. Zero dark thirty
  23. Black hawk down - Seen 
  24. Defiance 
  25. 13 Hours
  26. The punisher (The series, not the movie)
  27. the sinner
  28. Ozark
  29. the hurt locker
  30. Pulp fiction - Seen  
  31. Mercury Rising 

But Still Interesting List to see 

• Like (+1) 1