•  
Advertise here

Pajero Timing Belt Replacement

Hi,

Not really. Am scheduled to change the belt this Saturday. I have a rough estimate but shall inform you once I get this done.

Thanks,

Vishnu

• Like (+1) 1

Update on timing belt replacement

So i was finally able to change the timing belt. I dropped my car on 26 May and collected it today. The parts that were changed was the timing belts, idler pulley and the spark plugs. All the items were original and this was doubly ensured by Mohsin. The total was AED 1155. However if you have some additional work please factor in the same. I did not get the the general servicing (such as engine oil change and air filter change) as I had a contract with Habtoor till 120K on my odo.  The water pump in my vehicle had no issues hence they did not replace the same.

I have not experienced any difference in driving after the change. They informed me that the new timing belt will work till another 120K Kms on the odo.

Due to Ramadan, the service center functions from 7.30 am to 1.30 am. In case you drop your car at 7.30 sharp then you may be lucky to get it back the same day. The work requires a min of 6 hours. I would advise you not to be in a hurry since good work on cars takes time. 

Since I stay in RAK, I dropped the car yesterday and collected it today. I rented a Toyota Yaris from Al Quoz from Belhasa for a day.  

The overall experience was positive. Special thanks to Barry for suggesting a workshop. I could not catch you up this time since I had to rush to RAK for an emergency. I would surely drop in the next time am there. 

On 5/24/2018 at 9:26 AM, MisterPoet said:

Hi @vishlad702 any update how was your overall experience of replacing timing belt and what other stuff did you change. I would also request to tell us the total cost involved in this maintenance. 

Hi,

I have posted an update on timing belt replacement. Please go through and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Vishnu

• Like (+1) 1

• 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, randhir ek said:

kindly share the location of workshop. 

Hi Randhir! I have changed my phones and unfortunately I do not have the contact to share. However the person was recommended by @Barry

I remember that the workshop was beside Barry's Ghost Tint workshop. @Barry could you kindly pass on the contact once more to Randhir so that he can speak to the person. Thank you!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1