•  
Advertise here

Compressorhead

Barry

Ok not car related but some very cool engineering.

I heard of these "guys" a few years ago. It's basically a load of robots who play music. There are so many different levels of impressiveness in this, from the level of detailing to where they can play any song on any instrument, to the programmers who make it happen.

My personal favorite is the drummer. 3 arms. No human could ever drum like that. (Resisting the urge to make Def Leppard joke). Then he has his little sidekick who works the pedal on the hi hat. Really impressive.

They have done loads of songs and they even have a 350kg singer now but the song I chose is a cover of Black Sabbath's Iron Man, well it just seems appropriate. If you're interested there's a lot more out there.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s not really true AI. These robots still need to be built and programmed by humans. There are a lot of jobs out there that can be automated and eventually will be, but on the other side there are also a lot of jobs that will only ever be able to be done by people who can make humanist decisions and take appropriate actions. The smartest will survive. 

The lead guitarist looks like a cross between Johnny 5 and a T-1000 endoskeleton

And if these references are too vague for you young'uns 

Johnny 5

T-1000 endoskeleton 

19808708651_a05b355a2e_b.jpg

As for the music bit, nothing really extraordinary, just a bunch of electric servos and other bits running a pre-programmed routine. Just the same a robot paints a car in most assembly lines today.  

Los locos kick your ass, los locos kick your face, los locos kick your balls into outer space!

The Short Circuit movies were big at that time. I remember my brother even named one of his sheep Johnny 5. 

On 4/20/2018 at 4:39 PM, Barry said:

Los locos kick your ass, los locos kick your face, los locos kick your balls into outer space!

The Short Circuit movies were big at that time. I remember my brother even named one of his sheep Johnny 5. 

They should do a reboot, lord knows everything else has been, sometimes more than once. Ahem Spider-man, don't think I can take another Spider-Man reboot, I was happy with Tobey being Spidey in the current reboots