•  
Advertise here

ADAPTIVE SHIFT CONTROL

You can drive around for a decade in manual mode and nothing will happen. The ECU only learns in automode. 

Have you figured out a way to reset your trans ECU yet? And even then the ECU will average out your driving style and set shift points according to that. So unless you are lead footed most of the time a reset will still not help much. 

• Like (+1) 1

no need to reset as in some cars many other things get messed up...just keep a heavy foot and race attitude and voila in few days it'll turn from a donkey to a horse....☺️

1 hour ago, shadow79 said:

no need to reset as in some cars many other things get messed up...just keep a heavy foot and race attitude and voila in few days it'll turn from a donkey to a horse....☺️

Talking about resetting the adaptive shift, most cars have it. Like mentioned in the thread earlier, since my car is practically a bmw. Holding the pedal down with the key in on resets it, nothing gets messed up. You are a mechanic, you should know this. 

• Haha (+1) 1

your so called bmws and range rovers are equipped with many modules even for tiny useless things too but 80% of japanese cars usually share the ecu and tcm in one module so may be you also gonna wipe out ckp learned patterns and or isv learned values along with the shift patterns so the car will act really different or might stall until those values set in

battery terminal removal might be ok for pajero but for some late models its gonna be a visit to the dealer or with access to oem scanners unless you complete the battery removal procedure and then attempt to remove the battery

just change your driving habit and give it some time it will adapt to your new aggressive style you are not gonna be racing on the streets or cutting corners at high speed here but if you plan on that then this issue is really small there are many other things which you can do to gain real power....

Edited by shadow79
more info

I have tried this on my Jeep Commander and it worked. Remove the red battery terminal for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes touch briefly the red terminal with the black terminal there will be a spark. Now reconnect the red terminal back to the battery. This resets the car completely like new. You can now drive as per your new habits and the car will pick up new values for shifting your gears.

Hope this helps you.

apart from radio channels and clock and some random lights with system low voltage codes

ls 460, is 250, 300 and 350 200t remove battery terminals without completing the remove procedure and navigation, radar cruise and afs gone you want it to run go to dealer or use techstream

lc and lexus later models remove battery terminal and sometimes the a/c servo motors go cucu you have to initialize them or they be blowing mixed or hot air or the foot side air might come through the defogger vents

hiace,camry and rav the latter drive by wire ones remove battery terminal and most of the times its stalling until it gains back with a/c and without a/c isv values,transmission shift points and fuel mixture settings had a tough time convincing the customer that nothing is wrong but you need to drive the car only and in the end had to drive the thing myself for around 2 hrs until it stopped stalling

most toyota and lexus clean the throttle body and the rpm can go up as much as 2.5k and gives bad jerks at shifts might even break weak mounts until relearns new values

most of nissan's and infiniti's clean throttle body or change the accelerator pedal or throttle body and the rpms get messed up use manual trick or use scanner to program the idle air volume

the nissans and infinitis specially those with the capsule type black keys they have a nasty habit of forgetting the key programs when removing the battery terminals

some american cars go into immobilizer lock down mode when removed battery

some german cars not shifting above 1st gear after removing the battery terminal

the range rover terminal removal had ended up in complete no shift with funny slipping noise which was sorted by removing a fuse and fixing it back

i usually check if they have a procedure then do that its better and for other cars that i don't have access to oem tools i put a keep alive 9 v battery connected to the cigarette lighter place and then work my way around it its way better than discovering that the shit has hit the fan and you wasting time to clean that up...

above all data has been collected by personal experience

• Like (+1) 1

@shadow79 I remember when you removed the battery for the Pajero the Traction Control had gone off and you had to drive it around for 15 minutes to get the Traction back on.

• Like (+1) 1

All I can say is that if I had ten bucks for every time I've had to reprogram/initialize something because a customer thought that disconnecting the battery would somehow "fix" fault codes or "reset" the ECU, I could have retired several years ago.  

Edited by treks
  • Haha (+1) 2